tv2 distribution

james7162

Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
I just got my new VIP722 installed and am having trouble with tv's connected to TV2 output. I want to have 3 remote TV's connected to TV2. When I had Directv I ran the signal thru splitters and it worked fine now, now 1 TV works fine, 2nd TV gets a black box in it at random times which blocks the bottom 1/3rd of the screen and the 3rd TV gets a lot of snow and you can barely make out the picture. Ive tried using different channels ( I switched from 60 to 33) with no change. any help would be appriciated.

jim

Check your setup, you have to match the rf output on the receiver to the tuner type being used by the tv. On the receiver press menu, system setup, HDTV setup: under Analog type you have option of off-air or cable (you have choice of three types: cable, HRC or IRC). You then match that with your setup on your tv.

Check your setup, you have to match the rf output on the receiver to the tuner type being used by the tv. On the receiver press menu, system setup, HDTV setup: under Analog type you have option of off-air or cable (you have choice of three types: cable, HRC or IRC). You then match that with your setup on your tv.

That doesn't affect the home distribution output though. To change that you need to go to Menu, 6, 1, 5(modulator). You can change the output anywhere from 21-69(air) and 73-125(cable). Just make sure all TV's match this setting. The black box sounds like a closed captioning text box. You should be able to turn that off in your TV's menu.

That doesn't affect the home distribution output though. To change that you need to go to Menu, 6, 1, 5(modulator). You can change the output anywhere from 21-69(air) and 73-125(cable). Just make sure all TV's match this setting. The black box sounds like a closed captioning text box. You should be able to turn that off in your TV's menu.

Oops, wasn't sure where to change it, went through screens. Must of missed that one. Follow Scott's instructions.

who can recommend a good quality video amplifier for the tv2 coax signal? I'm going to be splitting mine out to alot of TVs as well just in case I want the DVR access throughout the house. The one that I've done so far is kind of snowing. I want to get a decent quality amp or even a splitter w/ built in amp. Thanks.

-mcbride

who can recommend a good quality video amplifier for the tv2 coax signal? I'm going to be splitting mine out to alot of TVs as well just in case I want the DVR access throughout the house. The one that I've done so far is kind of snowing. I want to get a decent quality amp or even a splitter w/ built in amp. Thanks.

-mcbride

I have my 722 tv2 output to 6 diff tv's and all have a crystal clear picture.I'm not using an amplifier but I do have them split directly out of the rec ... and not off of a diplexer.

I'm using a four output amplified splitter with a 522 and splitting 2 of the outputs to get 6 TVs. I bought it years ago from Radio Shack, don't know if they are still available.

-mcbride
The Home Distribution (RF) output is already amplified enough for a few-way splitter and reasonable cable lengths.

That aside, I feed a 921 on ch 3 and the 722 on 60 and 62 into a reversed splitter with the antenna feed (2 4 5 7 13 analog and UHF for digital) and feed that to a 10-dB 4-way amplifier to feed just about everything. I really need an 8-way or so, so I use some splitters. The signal would be a little cleaner with less cabling. The low VHF analog is not so good because the antenna points between 2 houses at Sandia Peak about 49 miles away, LOS. The amount of feed out into the antenna input should be minimal.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts