TV2 Remote Antenna Boost on 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AustinNaustin

Original poster
May 31, 2011
Longview, TX
Does anyone have any suggestions for boosting the signal from the 922? Unlike other receivers the 922 has a coarse threaded port for the antenna. It looks like a wifi antenna because it sends and receives signals with the remotes. I thought about boosting it with a larger wifi antenna but they are completely different connections. I also tried "pig-tailing" it using a push-on connector but at the other end you still have a barrel connector that doesn't fit the antenna.

Any help would be appreciated.

You have the right idea, but the coax needs to have the special M10 connectors to use our antenna. F connectors won't do the trick. I'll post a document here shortly that we have on extending the antenna for a 922.

I read the pdf but I don't know where to get the connectors or the special coax cable.

why did dish change the connector?:confused:

my second remote works but I need to point it to the wall in order to get the 922 to pick it up.

I'm sure everything can be bought online (I'll look when I get a chance). It wouldn't be a bad idea to start selling extension kits specifically for the 922

Symbol said:
I read the pdf but I don't know where to get the connectors or the special coax cable.

why did dish change the connector?:confused:

my second remote works but I need to point it to the wall in order to get the 922 to pick it up.

The FCC required them to change it since that antenna not only receives but transmits. Its a total different bird then a 622/722 antenna.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Glad to see you were able to visit us :), the english thing is due to a person on another forum insulting me because he couldn't stand my grammatical errors on some posts.

I'm sure everything can be bought online (I'll look when I get a chance). It wouldn't be a bad idea to start selling extension kits specifically for the 922

I had a tech at my house just yesterday trying to extend the 922 antennae only to figure out the threads don't match the standard F connectors. While I appreciate the PDF you put together, I have to say it's fairly annoying that you cite a part number, but such a part is not for sale at the Dish site, nor anywhere else on the web as far as I can find. The troubles we've had with the box and remote mean, in my mind, that Dish should send me the part for free.

Sorry, but we don't have any way to send the cable with the proper connectors. I did not put the pdf together, but I believe the part number refers to the 10-foot piece of coax cable, not the M10 connectors that are needed.

Frustration defined...

Sorry, but we don't have any way to send the cable with the proper connectors. I did not put the pdf together, but I believe the part number refers to the 10-foot piece of coax cable, not the M10 connectors that are needed.

Ok, so there is a part number for a cable, but not the connectors, on an instruction sheet from Echostar. No one can sell me the connectors. Not Dish nor anyone else on the web as far as I can see. So the bottom line is, we still have to leave the room with the remote TV and walk closer to the box in order to change channels.

Has anyone found any m10 connectors or barrels that are m10 to f style? I have a customer that needs his antenna moved in order to get the tv2 to work.

@Matt is there a part number from Dish that I can give my Area Manager so she can order the kit? I think you said that part number was just the coax line, does that coax line come with the necessary fittings?

Special M10 Connectors

View attachment 66208

It's pretty brief in the explanation, but I'm hoping someone will find it useful

Does anyone know where these connectors can be purchased? I'd want a male connector also. (I have an extra cable already installed up near TV2.)

If I remove the pigtail and connect with f-connectors (left extra lone center wire), then TV2 remote works much better. I am now controlling TV1 with a harmony remote (switched VIP922 to accept IR)

Ken

Hi, I'm DNS technician who recently upgraded to the 922 for "free". Unfortunately, I found that the remote reception sucks with this receiver.

I made my own jumper cable for the antenna, but it's kind of rigged. The antenna will slip onto a normal female f fitting connector. Our cables, and connectors are rated for 3ghz, and I believe that this antenna is working on or around 2.4ghz. To secure it to the receiver, I stripped it back, and used a rigged setup to secure the shielding to the casing on the receiver connector. It works good so far, but is still not that great with thick walls.

I don't think that dish has released that part yet. :-(

I'd like to make it look more professional though.

Has anyone noticed that the connectors, look very similar to wifi "SMA" connectors? I'm willing to bet that it's a regular SMA connector, and possibly even a regular wifi antenna with a regular SMA connector on it. My routers use TNC connectors, so I'm not able to test this theory, but it looks very similar. Does anyone have a normal SMA connector (Not RP-SMA) to try this out?

I wish dish would release this part!

Confused

I've searched the net, and read all afternoon regarding the lack of signal regarding TV2. It's really amazing that Dish can deliver a partial product with no specific solutions. I understand the issue, but no parts? I talked to Dish support this afternoon and they logged the problem and were aware of it, but no answers. I'd advise anyone considering a Vip922 to monitor this issue, as my house is not all that large, but this renders the second TV somewhat useless. The answer seems to be to regress to the previous unit, which worked well? Anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

...........Has anyone noticed that the connectors, look very similar to wifi "SMA" connectors? I'm willing to bet that it's a regular SMA connector, and possibly even a regular wifi antenna with a regular SMA connector on it. My routers use TNC connectors, so I'm not able to test this theory, but it looks very similar. Does anyone have a normal SMA connector (Not RP-SMA) to try this out?

I wish dish would release this part!

I found some SMA cables here. NOT inexpensive, but there are probably other places to buy. It looks like you would have to go to RG-8 for any appreciable length (to get low attenuation on 2.4 Ghz).

Has anyone verified or ruled out that SMA will work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)