TV2 Remote giving troubles

wcnghj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
New England
Hello All,

In six months, I am now on my third receiver(222k Duo). I was originally having problems with my TV 2 remote, having to press channel numbers two or three times before they registered. Below is the simplified series of events. Things were fine when they originally installed the DISH.

-Installed fresh batteries, no difference.

-Contacted DISH about the problem, they sent me a signal anneutator. I tried that, it didn't work, so I removed it.

-Contacted DISH again, they sent me a new remote. No difference. I tried many different UHF channels. No help.

-Contacted DISH yet again, they sent me a new receiver. I programmed and activated the receiver. They had sent me a refurbished one with a dead IR receiver for TV1.

- I contacted them again, and they sent another replacement receiver. Again, this did no help to the TV2 UHF remote.

My TV1 TV is upstairs. My TV2 is downstairs(finished basement). Physically, it's less that 50 feet distance between them.

What would the next step be? Have an agent come to the house? What might they be able to do?

Thanks!

PS: I've also been getting artifacting on HD Channels. My signal for 61.5(where I get HD from) is only 50 at best out of 125.

Last edited:
You need to relocate the UHF antenna to the TV2 location. Pretty simple if you have a couple of splitters and the tools to put connectors on coax. On the back of your receiver, remove the antenna and connect jumpers from the TV2 out and the UHF antenna port to the two ports on one of the splitters. Connect the single port of that splitter to the Uhf port on the diplexer. Using the other splitter at the TV2 location connect the coax to the single side of the splitter. Attach the antenna to one port and connect the other side to your Tv.

Thanks

Okay, I think I have devised a plan. I am just going to have a dixplexer coupling the RF Antenna feed and the home distribution line, then at TV2 another diplexer with an antenna and the home distribution feed. Where can I find the short little coax jumpers?

Another Question- Is the 111 SOLO compatible with the 222k? What is the SOLO receiver that DISH usually issues these days?

You don't need a diplexer as everything is UHF on the the distribution feed. A pair of conventional splitters, as BigTruck suggests, is what you need.

Thanks to everybody who has helped.

I just emailed a local retailer to ask if they'd be willing to make me some free Coax jumpers if I purchased a TV2 IR converter from them(would use that with slingbox, and it would allow for remote antenna placement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)