TV2 remote will not work when TV1 is in use

firedog79

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Maine
Noticed a strange thing last night for the first time. My wife was unable to use the TV2 remote to control that TV while I was watching TV1. I was watching a movie and not satellite on TV1. It took a little bit for me to figure out what was going on but I tested it several times and when TV1 was powered off the TV2 remote worked fine when it was on it would not work unless you were about 10 feet away from the receiver. I am assuming the TV is somehow interfering with the UHF signal transmitting from TV2 remote. So how do I fix this, can I use coax attached to the remote antenna to move it. FYI if it makes a difference I also have a third TV that gets its signal split from the TV2 output and has its own UHF remote which also would not work when TV1 was on. Also TV1 is a new 52" LG TV this problem did not exist with the previous smaller LG TV.

Noticed a strange thing last night for the first time. My wife was unable to use the TV2 remote to control that TV while I was watching TV1. I was watching a movie and not satellite on TV1. It took a little bit for me to figure out what was going on but I tested it several times and when TV1 was powered off the TV2 remote worked fine when it was on it would not work unless you were about 10 feet away from the receiver. I am assuming the TV is somehow interfering with the UHF signal transmitting from TV2 remote. So how do I fix this, can I use coax attached to the remote antenna to move it. FYI if it makes a difference I also have a third TV that gets its signal split from the TV2 output and has its own UHF remote which also would not work when TV1 was on. Also TV1 is a new 52" LG TV this problem did not exist with the previous smaller LG TV.

Definitely sounds like interference. I would go with the pigtail idea first (the extended coax with UHF antenna on the end), and if that doesn't work, run a remote antenna backfeed.

First step is ALWAYS to to a power cord reboot of the receiver.

Change remote batteries also.

There used to be a known issue where when TV1 was in use, and connected with HDMI, the TV2 remote would not work. It's no longer on the issue list, but the fix would be using component cables until the s/w fix was released.

Change remote batteries also.

There used to be a known issue where when TV1 was in use, and connected with HDMI, the TV2 remote would not work. It's no longer on the issue list, but the fix would be using component cables until the s/w fix was released.
HDMI was mentioned by a CSR as a culprit when this happened to me. Instead, I tried the "B Band" trick I posted earlier and it worked great!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts