TV2 strength different than TV1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

emerald97

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Albany, NY
I have a 722 connected to a single TV. I keep randomly loosing connection on 61.5 HD channels on TV1. When I switch to TV2, everything is fine. I've checked the signal strengths, and they are lower on TV1 or don't connect at all. I've had three different receivers (2 622s and a free 722 upgrade because I threatened to cancel everything), splitters swapped out, and the 61.5 dish LNB replaced. FYI - I have a separate dish 300 for the 61.5 channels. Has anyone had this issue, or know what the problem could be? The only thing left to replace is the cabling from the dish to the receiver including all the interior cableing that was put in when the house was built a year ago. Could a bad cable run cause this?

Even though you had the splitter swapped out did you happen to swap the cables around from Tuner 1 to Tuner 2 and recheck your signals?

Yes, all the cables from the wall to the receiver and splitter have been replaced numerous times. This issue is really starting to bug me.

In wall cableing and or fittings can cause this. I would replace the fittings on both ends of the in wall wiring with quality linear compression fittings. I would also replace the barrel in the wall plate. A bad barrel can definitely cause this.

If this doesn,t solve the issuen there may be a kink in the wire in the wall or a drywall screw or nail.

I hope this helps

Make sure all your barrel fitting are blue centered, not white.

Blue are high frequency, white are not and may cause signal problems.

Tv2 signals run on the higher frequency end. Tuner #1 =950-1450 MHZ and Tuner # 2 =1450-2150 MHZ. RG-59 coax may cause problems at this high freq. Low quality barrel connectors on wall plates and grounding blocks can also cause problems. Or you might just have a defective receiver.....

this same thing happes to me when a local OTA HD channels looses signal. I delted that channel no more issues. I added it back and I have this same issue. why?

When the OTA channel drops out the receiver pops up a warning, regardless of whether you are watching the ota channel or not. Don't leave the OTA tuner on that OTA channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts