TV2 tuner shows Complete Loss of signal screen after overnight reboot.

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
For the last few days, when I turn on TV2 in the morning, I'm getting the Complete Loss of Signal screen. on my 722 Software L24 I have to change the channel and wait a few seconds for the tuner to give me a channel. Yesterday, I lost my scheduled recording of the F1 Grand Prix. When I went into the daily schedule it and checked past recordings, it said Signal forason it was not recorded. Did an unplug reboot yesterday, but it did it again today. TV1 works fine when I turn it on.
Any ideas?

No. I have no weak OTA stations programmed in. My house sits at an elevation of 610 ft and my fringe antenna is at least 30 ft above ground level with a rotor and a booster. Towers for my ota stations are either about 25 miles away (Rochester, NY or 60 miles for Syracuse This is a recent problem. Only started a few days ago and I've made no changes in my ota set up. Only seems to happen after the overnight update. Once I get the signal back by changing station, No problems with the TV! tuner. I have no more problems that day.

Even so, be sure not to leave the tuner on an OTA channel and see if it continues.

OTA issues aside, try forcing a manual reboot and see if you can reproduce the signal loss message.

Hit menu - 6 - 3 - analysis - send status.

Now check connection and check signal. Compare tuner 1 signals to tuner 2 signals. If there is 9 or more points variance between tuners on same transponder, you definately have bad cable. I personally think 5 points is too much, they should be within 1 or 2 points. Cable tends to be a bigger cause of issue with dish systems due to band stacking tuners.

Regardless of your having two tuners on 150, the OTA tuner is still on an OTA channel, you cannot change that without deleting all OTA channels from receiver memory.

I think if you tune to a strong OTA on each tuner and then switch to satellite on each you should not have that as a problem. Yes, if you just switch to satellite and have had a weak OTA channel before that you will have problems even though you are not "looking" at the OTA. A weak OTA will sabotage your satellite signal "behind your back."
-Ken

I'm in the process of moving my recordings to the ehd. Last evening I had multiple instances of the Complete Signal Loss screen on TV2. TV1 would be fine, then the 722 would go to the acquiring signal screen and then the download guide screen. TV1 would then display the epg, then I would get a message that there was no Guide.

As I said, this is a recent problem. Less than a week old. I've had this 722 for a year and had not not changed my ota set up.

I was holding off on upgrading to the H/J till the ota module was released. I may have to make the switch sooner.

When you left the tuners on 150 you didn't have a problem, when you left them on OTA you did. Good idea to transfer programs in any case, but your problem sure seems to be with OTA or the OTA tuner, not the satellite end. We gave the advice to leave it on a sat channels because this has happened many times in the past. I had this exact problem, never had it again after making sure channels were on Sat before the nightly update.

It's getting worse. At 10pm edt I went to record Bravo on the 722. I got the 004 Signal loss screen. Checked my 211 and got the same screen. On the 722 when I went to the daily schedule and went up to check past recordings, it showed Signal Loss Service Cutoff. Called Dish and they are sending a tech out tomorrow

Possibly solved.
Tech just left. I had a 14 lnb drift on 72.5. He replaced the lnb. He could not get the error message on "Check Switch Said it may take a day or 2 to reset. So nothing to do with OTA.

After the over night reboot, the drift error corrected itself. Hopefully everything is back to normal. I'll upgrade to H/J when the ota module is released.