TVE America @ 30W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dael , nope. tv canarias was on the overon mux (12172H 27500) and left over a year now IIRC for online distribution only to reduce costs due to the crisis. check google for their internet website as you can watch them online now. also tv cataluña on the tve mux is no longer available probably for similar reasons. Canal 9 and 11 from Salta , Argentina , seems to have comedy shows, sports in spanish of course if you are interested. Canal 10 from Uruguay is a new addition at 11708V 2200. check lyngsat for parameters. I thought the new Hispasat 1E bird would bring in more programming but I guess they are using it for data or other comm services rather than tv/radio services. in any case an interesting bird for the spanish speaking population.

Hi All,
I live in canada and im trying to receive some channels from Hispasat 30W.
dish size: 32inch - 78cm
receiver: limesat, nfusion
LNB: KU band lnbf
I tested for hours and im not getting any quality but im getting 80% signal, but my quality is 0% and no luck at All. is the lnb setting universal or 10600 or what ?

Please help.

thanks.

Hi All,
I live in canada and im trying to receive some channels from Hispasat 30W.
dish size: 32inch - 78cm
receiver: limesat, nfusion
LNB: KU band lnbf
I tested for hours and im not getting any quality but im getting 80% signal, but my quality is 0% and no luck at All. is the lnb setting universal or 10600 or what ?

Please help.

thanks.

Welcome to SatGuys :)

What brand LNBF (Model #) is it?

Hi wallyhts,
thank you.

Brand - sky box Universal single lnbf
input: 10.70 - 12.78
Lo: 9.76 - 10.60

Set to Universal on STB.

However have you checked to see if you can pull in any channels? "Blind Scan" Your lnbf could be off by a few mhz's

Ya the settings on the STB is universal.
I did not do a blind scan because I thought if there was no quality there is no channels to pull. But Ill try if you recommend.

and when you said off by mhz's do you think i need a different lnb ?

thanks.

Ya the settings on the STB is universal.
I did not do a blind scan because I thought if there was no quality there is no channels to pull. But Ill try if you recommend.

and when you said off by mhz's do you think i need a different lnb ?

thanks.

Run a blind scan if your LNBF is off a few Mhz you will know from the BS. EX normal TP is 12180 BS brings back 12178

Hey Wallyhts,

i tried with a different receiver (viewsat) and the signal is stronger but still no quality. I dont know what else to do :(

- dish: 31inch
- receiver: viewsat, and limesat
- lnb: sky box universal - 9.70 - 12.65mhz

How high should it be of the ground ?
I searched on satbeam and it said elevation = 20.1

Ive been testing for hours but no luck with quality, nothing is blocking the signal and sky is clear.
whats the configurations on the receiver you have ?

Please help.

Last edited:
OK, now. Do not panic, get discouraged or give up. Until you figure what the elevation actually IS on your dish - most are off +/- 5 degrees or more - you will feel like you are not going to win, BUT YOU WILL!
When you do not know if you are close, you may just be on the wrong bird. My first time setting up, I made a mistake and blind scanned. I WAS on a satellite! BY MISTAKE! Anyway, within a few minutes (well it was hours) I found the one I wanted. The rest is boring history. The satellites are close enough together, for the most part, Well not at 30*, that if the elevation is close you will find something. On the road, I often have set the dish up and just blind scanned, gotten nothing, go up 3 degrees, blind scanned if nothing, another 3 and if nothing down 6 , then 3 more. Usually by the time I have done 4 or 5 blind scans, I have found some thing, peaked and know where I am and then find what I want... 97W. Did it tonight with a bent dish - worse than warped and bent arm --- but I got 97W in 4 tries and 19 minutes! But I am wild and ...... oh never mind. Even I won't go there!

You can get it.
POP

OK, I tried one more time and the settings on the receiver are:
- LNB Type - Universal
- LNB High - 10050 - kept changing this option.
- LNB Low - 9750
- TP Freq - 11972 also tried 12132
Did blind scan twice and no luck. BUT the quality kept jumping from 0 - 20% it did stay steady at all and if I moved the dish left or right I will loose it even up and down. So I know i was on the spot but the quality didn't increase and it kept jumping from 0 - 20 back to 0 back to 20 just like that. So I don't know.

Thanks.

Try LNB type: Standard. Set the L.O. to 10600, and turn 22Khz ON. Go to www.dishpointer.com and get your "AIM" (Azimuth and Elevation). Make sure your LOS (Line Of Sight) is clear. Adjust the dishes elevation to your required elevation. Scan the sky, in small increments, L >> R across the azimuth from dishpointer. If nothing, repeat a little higher and lower. (adjust by about 1/2 degree at a time) As pointed out, some dishes scales may be off by up to 5 degrees. After each dish adjustment, wait for the receiver to 'lock on' to the signal. (10 seconds is not too long for some receivers)
Should have it, I've gotten it here at 6 degree elevation with a 30 inch dish. 12052 V 27500 is strong here.
After you have it "locked" compare the elevation scale on the dish to that of dishpointer. Note the "offset". Will come in handy for other satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)