TVland ... will Dish ever get it in HD?

Probably... the next major programmer DISH will be facing for renewals is Viacom.

I expect a dispute there and wouldn't surprise me to see Viacom pulled from DISH for awhile, but after a deal is made and the channels come back I expect the full suite of Viacom HD channels made available including TV Land HD.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Many of the old TV shows were shot on film, so yes they were in HD. If you remember HDNet use to air Hogans Heros and Cheers in HD because of this. :)

Tv Land is the only other sd channel I want in Hd. The rest of the sd channels I really don't watch much ,except ota sub channels like Cozi and Metv. The quality of the ota sd channels puts satellite sd channels to shame.

Many of the old TV shows were shot on film, so yes they were in HD. If you remember HDNet use to air Hogans Heros and Cheers in HD because of this. :)
That's a bit oversimplified. Yes, shot on film, but they have to go through the expensive process of transferring to HD broadcast format. That's why you don't see too many of them.

I can't really say that putting Leave it to Beaver in HD would really enhance the experience for me. It's all about the message anyway.

Reactions: EddieZ
Funny thing is that in the NY-NJ area some of the newer TV Land shows such as Hot In Cleveland are shown as reruns on Ch 55 (I think that is one of the ME affiliates) and that is in HD.

Probably... the next major programmer DISH will be facing for renewals is Viacom.

I expect a dispute there and wouldn't surprise me to see Viacom pulled from DISH for awhile, but after a deal is made and the channels come back I expect the full suite of Viacom HD channels made available including TV Land HD.

Why does every (or so it seems) renewal have to result in a dispute? This is so tiresome with Dish..........just went through this with 1 of my locals

Reactions: gms49ers
Isn't Viacom the one that is struggling financially and would more likely be a permanent removal (like has happened on other smaller cable systems) than a full-up HD implementation? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Isn't Viacom the one that is struggling financially and would more likely be a permanent removal (like has happened on other smaller cable systems) than a full-up HD implementation? Or am I thinking of someone else?
No way permanent... Yet... But yes.

YMMV. In my market, some of the OTA SD subchannels are so bitstarved that there is more macroblocking than there is content.

Our PBS was like that but dropped use of one of the sub channels and even gave the reason as bandwidth.

Reactions: TheKrell
Why does every (or so it seems) renewal have to result in a dispute? This is so tiresome with Dish..........just went through this with 1 of my locals
Happening with all providers these days, and I hope you are current enough to know why.

Reactions: ChadT41
Happening with all providers these days, and I hope you are current enough to know why.
Could it have something to do with the fact that people are already pissed about increasing prices. The #1 complaint about pay tv is the cost for channels people already do not want. But that's none of my business. (Kermit sipping tea)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)