TW Charlotte Gone All Digital - Problem

Zaxcom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
TW here has recently switched to all digital, so now even channels 2-13 are digital. These happen to be where our local stations are placed on the cable. What I have noticed since the change is all kinds of macroblocking and pixelization on those channels. They used to look perfect in analog.

Does anyone else see this happening and has your TW system ever fixed the issue? I called TW and the person I spoke to did not even understand the difference between analog and digital. So they were of no help.

Zax

welcome to the site zaxcom. hopefully one of our members in your area might be able to chime in. hope to see you around the site.

directv or dish network might be an alternative if you choose to go that way. check out the satellite forums here to get up to speed on everything.

Zax,
I know it is pain in the rear, but you need to make cust service get someone out to check your cable. I know they started simulcasting the analog in digital. Most likely there is something blocking the frequencies that the digital simulcast channels are one. You may have never had a problem before because those frequencies were never used on the cable. Check for gold splitters and bad connectors in your house. That is most likely the cause.

However, you are paying good money for cable, so make them fix it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)