TWC customer- would a 2H/2J conversion be seamless?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Current Time Warner Cable customer...two DVRs and two slave units...whole house DVR accessibility.

Question-- would the installation of a multiple Hopper/Joey setup be relatively seamless? I seem to recall reference to the Dish system needing two coax to each box throughout the house? This would be a showstopper as my house was wired with only one coax to each outlet. This works fine for cable TV and their implementation of MoCA, but I don't know about Dish and its Hopper/Joey system?

Thanks.

Lets assume you want two Hoppers. Three coax will go from the dish to a "duo node" and one coax will go out from that node to each Hopper. Joeys connect in a variety of ways, including wireless (after initial wired setup). So you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Current Time Warner Cable customer...two DVRs and two slave units...whole house DVR accessibility.

Question-- would the installation of a multiple Hopper/Joey setup be relatively seamless? I seem to recall reference to the Dish system needing two coax to each box throughout the house? This would be a showstopper as my house was wired with only one coax to each outlet. This works fine for cable TV and their implementation of MoCA, but I don't know about Dish and its Hopper/Joey system?

Thanks.
Please note that existing coax may not be adequate because 3 signals stacked on the cable Hopper requires 3MHz rated cable.
It almost certainly will not work with RG59 and may not even work with 2.2MHz rated RG6. Sorry if that would be difficult.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts