TWC Service Tech Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cable-guy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
milwaukee, wi
I am a TWC Install/Repair Tech 1. I just want to know all of the problems you all see so that at least in my region, I can make the majority of tthese horror stories go away. When I am in a better position of authority, I can help other regions, so help me to help you

ok i dont know where you work but i am looking for some one to help me i have time warner the package that has the digital phone, internet , and cable well this seems to happen alot but our phone goes out...the black box we have the tel1 and tel2 lights blink and there is no dial tone can you help me out here? is there something i can do?

type in 192.168.100.1 into your web browser. that will take you to the cable modem page. it sounds to me like you may have a signal related issue that time warner will be willing to send out a service tech to either fix the line or add an amplifier

cable-guy,

Do you have any information regarding any stability issues on the SA8300HD DVR? Here in Raleigh, we're running PASSPORT v2.5.048 and PowerTV v6.13.69.1sp. It often freezes and must reboot itself or (and I get this one recently about once every other day) is that it will report that HDMI is not supported and when I reseat the power cord it immediately goes to a complete boot cycle.

Some of this might be vague or stupid sounding... so if you need further explanations, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nathan

Problems? I'd say most people have problems with the way the company is run, not really the technical side of things.

A few of things that come to mind:

A. Prices way too high, at least in Dayton, Ohio. $103 for digipic 2000 and 2 HD-DVRs per month is ridiculous. When I called up about it they offered me 3 months at half price, but could not match what friends of mine had just signed up for (Digipic 4000 for $55 per month).

B. Add new TV channels at a faster rate, especially HD. ESPN2HD has been out for 20 months now yet we still have no seen it. NFL Network/HD is not yet picked up. ESPNU is not picked up.

C. Offer a set top box that allows you to connect an antenna for the local HD channels that you have been unable to come to an agreement with. In Dayton you have an agreement with ABC, CBS, and Fox. No CW, no NBC. With a simple set of rabbit ears I could have picked them up.

D. Stop lying about your internet speeds. You claim they are up to 10x faster than DSL, when in reality in the Dayton market your downstream speed is the same, and your upstream speed is about 1/3 of DSL. I know you put the disclaimer "based on national averages, may not be the case for your area", but I still think that is crap. That is nothing but a play on words, when in my area that is nothing but total BS. I'm sure it sells a lot of people, but in my case it turns me off of TWC because I feel like they are lying to me.

In the end, I think TWC will begin losing customers as a faster clip due to their inability to add new channels while keeping the costs down. Time Warner is already the most expensive TV provider in the country, and they are also the company with the least amount of channels. I left TWC due to those 2 reasons, I'm sure more will begin to realize now with this whole NFL Network dispute.

tech guy,
i can tell you one thing t/w will lose a lot of cutomers in w.ky both t.v. and internet
if the price's i hear is true, but when t/w tries to play the top secret game with pricing then rumors is all we have to go by, i dropped the t.v. part of t/w just waiting to here what t/w is going to charge for rr in owensboro,ky area, but i will only wait for so long then i'll go to bellsouth dsl, and with the package that i have with b.s. the price for the speed now is cheeper, i haven't change only because
i don't want to go to the trouble now if rr will be the same price or close, so tell
the upper management that no info is bad info for new customers.

i didn't think i would get a reply from t/w on this one.i don't know why t/w thinks that they have to be so top seret about everything, UNLESS ! they don't want you to know the guy down the street pays less then you for the same service.

i didn't think i would get a reply from t/w on this one.i don't know why t/w thinks that they have to be so top seret about everything, UNLESS ! they don't want you to know the guy down the street pays less then you for the same service.

after 2 1/2 month's still no response? that tells me a lot about t/w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)