Tweeking the BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Tweeking the BUD

For those of you that have both analog & DVB-S on the bud , I am finding the best wayt o tweek the dish is to first tweek on analog .

Then go to DVB-S and tweek some more , watching the signal level and quality on your PCI card software or on your Set Top Box .

I ma sure you vetrans already know this , but I am a C band newbie . :)

Latter ,
Wyr

I dialed in the arc on my dish with a Pansat 3500s.

It was a matter of guess the position, blind scan, match the results with lyngsat, see what satellite I'm looking at ;). Fine tune from there.

It was nice to have the polar mount all dialed in when I hooked up the analog receiver and later the 4DTV.

Shawn95GT said:
I dialed in the arc on my dish with a Pansat 3500s.

It was a matter of guess the position, blind scan, match the results with lyngsat, see what satellite I'm looking at ;). Fine tune from there.

It was nice to have the polar mount all dialed in when I hooked up the analog receiver and later the 4DTV.

That is pretty much how I did it on a PCI DVB-S card on Ku & with a motor . Had the signal meter by the computer . Move sat and watch for peaks .

But the card software does not have blind scan . Had to guess what sat the peak was & try scanning for channels . Time consumeing process . :)

Fould have been easier with a STB & USALS .

Course , I always started out with the due south sat & worked my way east & west from that referance position .

Once I got the elevation under control , it was not that hard to hit due south sat on C band anaog .

Put a level on the horizontal part of the polar mount and used the accuator to move the dish untill I got it level . Then rotated east to west untill I hit the sat .

Then the same trial and error to find the rest of the sats .

Right now I have a very good picture on channels from AMC 3 to AMC 10 .

Latter,
Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)