Tweeking the BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Tweeking the BUD

For those of you that have both analog & DVB-S on the bud , I am finding the best wayt o tweek the dish is to first tweek on analog .

Then go to DVB-S and tweek some more , watching the signal level and quality on your PCI card software or on your Set Top Box .

I ma sure you vetrans already know this , but I am a C band newbie . :)

Latter ,
Wyr

I dialed in the arc on my dish with a Pansat 3500s.

It was a matter of guess the position, blind scan, match the results with lyngsat, see what satellite I'm looking at ;). Fine tune from there.

It was nice to have the polar mount all dialed in when I hooked up the analog receiver and later the 4DTV.

Shawn95GT said:
I dialed in the arc on my dish with a Pansat 3500s.

It was a matter of guess the position, blind scan, match the results with lyngsat, see what satellite I'm looking at ;). Fine tune from there.

It was nice to have the polar mount all dialed in when I hooked up the analog receiver and later the 4DTV.

That is pretty much how I did it on a PCI DVB-S card on Ku & with a motor . Had the signal meter by the computer . Move sat and watch for peaks .

But the card software does not have blind scan . Had to guess what sat the peak was & try scanning for channels . Time consumeing process . :)

Fould have been easier with a STB & USALS .

Course , I always started out with the due south sat & worked my way east & west from that referance position .

Once I got the elevation under control , it was not that hard to hit due south sat on C band anaog .

Put a level on the horizontal part of the polar mount and used the accuator to move the dish untill I got it level . Then rotated east to west untill I hit the sat .

Then the same trial and error to find the rest of the sats .

Right now I have a very good picture on channels from AMC 3 to AMC 10 .

Latter,
Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts