Twinhan 1020a and 4:2:2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I would love to test my card for 4:2:2. Will it just work or do I need a special program? I'm using MyTheater and the Twinhan DTV program that came with the Twinhan.

Is it possible to get the NBC mux on AMC-1 with a 31" dish or is the 7/8 FEC going to make that impossible? Lyngsat does not show these as encrypted, although it is not color coded as FTA either.

Also, is SatcoDX a good source for channels? This listing shows that they should be viewable too.

Just wanting to test my card on some 4:2:2. Is there some more that I can look at somewhere?

yes the NBC mux on AMC1 will work with a 30" dish. I can lock them and get sound but no pic as I don't have anything that does 4:2:2

You can use ellacard for 4:2:2
also You can download FFD Show, from dvbdream's website it also is suppose to do 4:2:2
and it's free

Is it possible to get the NBC mux on AMC-1 with a 31" dish or is the 7/8 FEC going to make that impossible? Lyngsat does not show these as encrypted, although it is not color coded as FTA either.

now that I have the Quali-TV I get these nice and strong with the 30" dish and viewable :)

there are two parts to watching a video signal. first tuning the signal, second decoding the signal.

qpsk, 8psk, dvb-s2, DG-II etc are all refering to the modulation a signal is in, you must have a tuner (hardware) that can tune these signals.

mpeg2, mpeg4, 4:2:2 are all refering to the compression format used to encode the video, you must have software that can decode these signals.

so I assume your refering to qpsk 4:2:2 mpeg2 video. any dvb tuner for the computer will be able to tune qpsk, thats not a problem.

then its just getting the right codecs (software) so that you can view 4:2:2. this is indipendant of hardware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)