Twinhan Visionplus 1020a issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What drivers did use under xp?

Digital TV 3.4 (2009 02 12) This is the Twinhan program like My Theater or the like. Has drivers for all Twinhan satellite cards.

Other Models

v.1.2.3.8 (2006. 05) This has drivers for your card but they are old.

Uninstall all the Twinhan drivers you put on your computer and try Digital TV 3.4 first do not install both the above at the same time.

I've only skimmed through the above posts, so I may have missed something, however one thing occurred to me, and that is a conflict between the 1020a and a hard drive, particularly a SATA drive.
I have run the 1020a mainly on Win2000, on which it works fine. I've also run it on Windows XP, and it works fine there two, although I have seen some strange conflicts between it and some software at times, but the Twinhan itself runs fine, and I had no issues installing it.
However the one big issue I had with it, when installed on the Win2000 computer was that I started the computer out with a couple EIDE drives, but then installed a SATA drive. Everything worked fine until I'd try to make big file transfers to the SATA drive while running the Twinhan. I basically found that the SATA drive would effectively shut down the Twinhan, such that if I was tuned to a strong transponder, and started a transfer to or from the SATA drive, I would lose lock on the channel I was tuned to.
Anyway, that SATA drive was NOT my C: drive, and I used it infrequently, so it really didn't bother me that much, however it occurred to me that if that drive had been the C: drive, that I would have had a difficult time using the Twinhan, as the C: drive is pretty much active much of the time no matter what program you're running. And it's possible that it could make it hard to get the drivers installed, because while the disk is running, the drivers might not be able to access the card to determine that it is there. I've seen people post about the install program saying something to the effect that the card wasn't identified properly. The install program is for several different cards, and it needs to access the card to determine what kind of card it is.
Anyway, if you're using a SATA drive (and it's getting harder and harder to find drives that AREN'T SATA these days, then that could be part of the problem, as Windows XP shouldn't be a problem.

I have done a re-install of xp and followed suggestion by Just Another Sucker but reboot issue still happen as soon it's start copying *.sys driver file this main reason why it does work i guess.
Before re-installing xp tried F8 and disable reboot on system failure an tried install the drivers but got BSOD screen but could make sense of it.

Uninstalled everything and tried v.1.2.3.8 (2006. 05) it copies fine and then restart pc.
But under device manager yellow mark for the devices.

Digital TV 3.4 (2009 02 12) when trying to find card is unable to find a device.
I am going friends and try card is pc and see what happens but starting think this card is DOA
If does same at least i know card not the pc

Good news bad news I guess. Good- you know the card is ok. Bad- now you have to find out where the conflict is.

B.J. post contains rather interesting information and may lead me to possible solution.
My friend machine as stronger power supply then mine i also maybe not power for VP1020A to function correctly.
All pc's used so far are sata based.
I have old p3 around using older chipset and ide controller i am rather curious to see how perform's just find where put sdram modules for it.Many things to try guess better get to it.
Thanks for all the help Just Another Sucker and i will let you guy's know how this turn's out.

Sucess :)

I pulled out an old P3 and installed the drivers that came on cd and ts reader/Dvb Dream all seem to be happy just need learn how to use correctly now but that part of fun anyway.

Any good reading source recommended?

FWIW I've only used the drivers either from the Twinhan VisionDTV 2.42a CD (driver 2.4.1.0) or from the latest download TwinhanDTV2.608a (driver 2.4.1.1). Both drivers seem to work fine with TSReader. I would also assume they would work with the bundled Twinhan software as well.

I'm not sure the v1.2.3.8 driver is useful as it is a BDA driver and I believe TSReader needs the pre-BDA driver instead. If you don't plan to ever run TSReader you could consider the BDA driver, but frankly the Twinhan 1020a is mostly of interest to me because of the TSReader support. :)

TS Reader is works fine cd provided driver so will leave as it is.
Main reason i got the twinhan is ts reader nothing else except some hd feed i currently cannot view but need upgrade this system a little to get need performance out of it.
I am wondering if it's okay if loop out from pansat to dvb-s card as really want keep moto under the pansat control until get handle this new tool.

Last edited:
FWIW I've only used the drivers either from the Twinhan VisionDTV 2.42a CD (driver 2.4.1.0) or from the latest download TwinhanDTV2.608a (driver 2.4.1.1). Both drivers seem to work fine with TSReader. I would also assume they would work with the bundled Twinhan software as well.

I'm not sure the v1.2.3.8 driver is useful as it is a BDA driver and I believe TSReader needs the pre-BDA driver instead. If you don't plan to ever run TSReader you could consider the BDA driver, but frankly the Twinhan 1020a is mostly of interest to me because of the TSReader support. :)

Yeah with TSReader doesn't works with Digital TV 3.4 which version of windows are you using?

Do this old non BDA driver works in windows 7 x64?

Yeah with TSReader doesn't works with Digital TV 3.4 which version of windows are you using?

Do this old non BDA driver works in windows 7 x64?

I had to use patched drivers to get my 1020a to work on Windows 7 Pro 64bit, but even then it only works in the DVB-Data app that Twinhan has on their website. For some reason, I can't get it to work on any other program (Windows Media Center, DVBDream, Twinhan DTV)

:EDIT:
Digital TV 3.4 is the only DTV package I could get to install and run with Win 7 Pro x64. If this is true, and if what you are saying about TSReader not working with DTV 3.4 is true, then is looks like there isn't support for TSReader in Win 7 x64, at least not using this route. However, another member found some patched 64 bit 1020a drivers and said he installed those first then installed the latest DTV package and everything worked fine, at least in windows Media Center. I'm not sure if he tested TSReader. I think that when I get some time this week I'm going to uninstall all the drivers and Twinhan software and start over on trying to get my 1020a working.

I will try a few different methods and see if they work:
1)Install DTV 3.4 and see if these drivers work.
2)If this doesn't work, uninstall DTV 3.4, then re-install card drivers via device manager using the 64bit patched drivers I obtained.
3)If this doesn't work, install DTV 3.4 on top of the patched drivers and then see if things start working.

I will try each method with driver signature enforcement enabled and disabled.

Let me know if you have any other configuration suggestions so I can test them out as well!

Last edited:
I had to use patched drivers to get my 1020a to work on Windows 7 Pro 64bit, but even then it only works in the DVB-Data app that Twinhan has on their website. For some reason, I can't get it to work on any other program (Windows Media Center, DVBDream, Twinhan DTV)

:EDIT:
Digital TV 3.4 is the only DTV package I could get to install and run with Win 7 Pro x64. If this is true, and if what you are saying about TSReader not working with DTV 3.4 is true, then is looks like there isn't support for TSReader in Win 7 x64, at least not using this route. However, another member found some patched 64 bit 1020a drivers and said he installed those first then installed the latest DTV package and everything worked fine, at least in windows Media Center. I'm not sure if he tested TSReader. I think that when I get some time this week I'm going to uninstall all the drivers and Twinhan software and start over on trying to get my 1020a working.

I will try a few different methods and see if they work:
1)Install DTV 3.4 and see if these drivers work.
2)If this doesn't work, uninstall DTV 3.4, then re-install card drivers via device manager using the 64bit patched drivers I obtained.
3)If this doesn't work, install DTV 3.4 on top of the patched drivers and then see if things start working.

I will try each method with driver signature enforcement enabled and disabled.

Let me know if you have any other configuration suggestions so I can test them out as well!

Thanks for the advice so I got a question with DTV 3.4 can I watch Free to air channels just selecting it on MCE, ProgDVB or the included DVB software?

Basically I'm starting from scratch and I want to get the basics in other words what you say is that DTV 3.4 doesn't works for watching tv on windows 7?

Now for testing purposes which software/driver is the best one for watching satellite channels in windows xp (32 bit)?

Guys I think I'm one of those unlucky guys that can't make to work my Twinhan 1020a under windows 7 x64 only windows XP 32bit works to me :( I hope to find a solution soon if not I'll have to move to a newer sat card.

Enb141 you are not the only one. check the link in my last post. I got it working in Win 7 32bit but can't quite get it going in 64bit. Go to Twinhan's website and download their latest DVB-Data program and see if you can get it working through that. In Win 7 64bit I can get the DVB-Data to lock onto the TP I am searching for, but I am still working on getting a signal using any other program. For some reason, I can only get the DVB-Data program working. I haven't been able to mess with it very much lately due to work and my senior design class taking up all my time. Hopefully I can get it sorted out soon. Another forum member got his 1020a working under Windows 7 64bit so I know it is possible!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)