Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yes, the 102g will work for both HD and 4:2:2. That is what I am using-it decodes through software only so it takes a little tweaking to get up and running but it works well. Of course for HD you need a decent computer and video card.

BTW, this should probably be moved to the PC card area.

I am running a 3.2ghz PM with 512 MB of ram on Windows XP Media Center Edition, the video card is a BFG / nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI Express card with 128 MB of ram on board.

Will that be ok? Not sure if the Twinhan card is pickey.

Nice setup-you should be ok with that I would think. I am running an Athlon 2800 and a GEForce 5500 both of which are considerably slower than what you have and it works pretty good for me. When there is alot of motion it tends to be a little jerky on mine though still very watchable. 4:2:2 is good.

I used a Twinhan last night hooked up to a projector with a 3.2 ghz and 512 ram with a built in video card to watch a certain Boston play my Royals in HDTV and it was fantastic!!

For the money they are great. Some guys like the Skystar which uses a hardware decoder but more expensive. But like I say with your machine if you can't watch HD nobody can.

Plus if you hate it you're not out much money. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Cool I am going to order now. :)

I have been using Twinhan cards for about 2 1/2 years with HD and it works
great as long as you get a good signal. TSReader is also great and will let you see if you have a good enough signal, if you have no continuity errors you should not have any problems. My CPU usage on HD feeds is usually in the teens to about 30% depending on the bitrate of the feed.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am running a 3.2ghz PM with 512 MB of ram on Windows XP Media Center Edition, the video card is a BFG / nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI Express card with 128 MB of ram on board.

Will that be ok? Not sure if the Twinhan card is pickey.

Better check that the Twinhan card works with Windows Media Center, because I don't think it does.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Nice setup-you should be ok with that I would think. I am running an Athlon 2800 and a GEForce 5500 both of which are considerably slower than what you have and it works pretty good for me. When there is alot of motion it tends to be a little jerky on mine though still very watchable. 4:2:2 is good.

If the video is jerky in HD that you have the wrong codec. Check under settings/autograph that you have the codec perfered by your video card. MyTheatre likes to select cyberlink but that is not always the best one.

jerryt said:
Better check that the Twinhan card works with Windows Media Center, because I don't think it does.

No it don't but thats ok I wouldnt use it there (In the Windows Media Ceter interface) It should work fine through its own player.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am looking at getting a PCI card for my computer and am interested in looking at the datastream with TSReader, in addition I would like to be able to get HD and 4:2:2 broadcasts.

I am looking at the following card from Sadoun http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/TwinHan/102G-VisionPlus-Twinhan-PCI-receiver.htm

Will this work for me?

If not what should I be looking for?

Thanks

The 1020 has more uses with ts reader than the 102g or 1022. Something different about the 1020 card.

Just out of curiousity what additional content is out there in HD or 4:2:2 on KU band? I know NBC is out there but what else?

Can this card write to TS files?

jerryt said:
If the video is jerky in HD that you have the wrong codec. Check under settings/autograph that you have the codec perfered by your video card. MyTheatre likes to select cyberlink but that is not always the best one.

Perhaps "jerky" is not the right word. It isn't that bad but at times you can see that it is not as smooth as it should be. I have tried about every setting in there. Here are my settings:

IVR/OSD Tab

I am using the "Generic Renderer" for everything except 4:2:2-I am using "IVR Offscreen" as it seems to be the only one that will work for that.

Autograph Tab

Using "Cyberlink" for video decoder. I am using "Video Mixing Renderer 9" for video renderer.

Graphs

Using "Autograph" for everything except 4:2:2-using "Elecard" for that.

Again, these seem to give the best performance for me. Anyone have any other suggestions?

digiblur said:
Just out of curiousity what additional content is out there in HD or 4:2:2 on KU band? I know NBC is out there but what else?

Can this card write to TS files?

The additional content consists mostly of "wild feeds" which you have to scan for. Also, AMC 3 has a PBS HD feed full time.

BTW, does anyone else have video problems with NBC feeds on AMC 1? I get pixels and other stuff on screen.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Perhaps "jerky" is not the right word. It isn't that bad but at times you can see that it is not as smooth as it should be. I have tried about every setting in there. Here are my settings:

IVR/OSD Tab

I am using the "Generic Renderer" for everything except 4:2:2-I am using "IVR Offscreen" as it seems to be the only one that will work for that.

Autograph Tab

Using "Cyberlink" for video decoder. I am using "Video Mixing Renderer 9" for video renderer.

Graphs

Using "Autograph" for everything except 4:2:2-using "Elecard" for that.

Again, these seem to give the best performance for me. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have two computers; The one with the ATI video card likes Cyberlink video and audio under autograph, But the other computer with the Nvidia video card, studders or jerks with Cyberlink and works well with the Nvidia audio and video selected. I don't touch IVR/OSD Tab.

Your mileage may vary

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
The additional content consists mostly of "wild feeds" which you have to scan for. Also, AMC 3 has a PBS HD feed full time.

BTW, does anyone else have video problems with NBC feeds on AMC 1? I get pixels and other stuff on screen.

No pixelation on 4:2:2 feeds for me. But I have not tune AMC1 lately. I would think pixelation was a lack of signal? or processing speed? (I used to get pixelation with other channels when it rained?)

What is your signal strength?

And what % is your CPU running at when the picture pixels?

Maybe it is signal. Getting 41 % quality on "Nightly News" right now and it looks like a million bucks. Getting 38% on another feed and getting the pixels. Don't see the CPU useage listed anywhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)