two 301 recievers

sred1999

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Hi,

I have two 301 receivers. I want to split the signal to two receivers so that I can watch in two rooms. How do I do that? I got a splitter with one input and two outputs but did not work. I get a message saying switch has a problem. Please help me suggesting how do i split the signal to two receivers.

you need a line from the dish (actually the LNB on the dish) to the receiver. You cannot split a line from the dish to the 301's.

They need a straight shot line

could you please explain in detail how to run extra line? I mean from where do i run the extra line? Thank you very much for ur help

Where the dish is, there is an arm sticking out of it with something on the end of it. That is the LNB. This is how you get your programming. The signal reflects off the dish and hits the LNB's "eye".

There are 2 screws that you undo, which will allow you to remove the LNB. Hook the cable up to an empty connection and run the line to the other receiver. Pu the LNB back on and putt he screws back to keep it secure.

Hook the line to the receiver and in the install screen, (menu 6-1-1) go to "switch check" and do a check switch

once that is done, enjoy TV :)

This is what the LNB might look like
Twin.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts