Two 301’S controlled by HTPC

BigSwifty

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
My PVR software, SAGE TV, controls channels via IR. Hence, I want to run my 2 301s into 2 different capture cards in the PC to be able to Watch/Record Different tuners simultaneously.

I was “told” that I needed A DPP twin LNBF, which I added. Do I need to add a switch, and which one, to feed 110/119 to each of the 301s AND a separate receiver in a different room?

I’ve tried to check old posts but can’t seem to wrap my brain around the solution.

Hopefully one of you DISHMEISTERS can help me out!

This is no different than any other situation for multiple receivers.

You need one line to each tuner. We aren't talking dual-tuner receivers here so the separators are not an option.

Not sure who "told" you that you needed a DPPTwin, what did you have before?

The DPPTwin has only two outputs. A DP34 switch would probably be the least expensive option to run three receivers.

Thanks for the reply.
I had a DP LNBF prior to changing to the DPPtwin.
So a DP34 switch it is then!
“AND a separate receiver in a different room” This other receiver is a 322-this necessitates the splitter, right?

You can't use a splitter on the satellite line, you can use a separator but not with a DP34.

You have a total of four tuners, thus four lines required from the DP34. If you use instead a DPP44, you can run a single line to the 322 and use a separator.

The DPPTwin could also use the separator, but that would only leave one connection for your other two receivers and "that dog won't hunt." You can probably also go back to the original DP LNBF (DP Twin probably?) and sell the DPPTwin to help cover the cost of the DP34 or DPP44 switch.

Thanks for tolerating all my Newbie Q's .

OK, so does that mean I didn't have to get the DP PLUS LNBF?
Man, that was bad advice!

So, am I unable to run the DP PLUS LNBF into a 34 then, one line into each of 2 301s and another into a separator and then into the 322?

Either way, I guess I need a switch.

BigSwifty said:
Thanks for tolerating all my Newbie Q's .

OK, so does that mean I didn't have to get the DP PLUS LNBF?
Man, that was bad advice!

So, am I unable to run the DP PLUS LNBF into a 34 then, one line into each of 2 301s and another into a separator and then into the 322?

Either way, I guess I need a switch.
if you have 2 301's and a 322 all ya need is dp34 switch.
the dpp seperator you speak of is only for the dpp44 switch, it ungodly expensive
so stick with the dp 34

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts