Two 311 tuners on 1 cable- How?

bgmess

Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
I am setting up a HTPC, using a Vistaview 2020 dual tuner card. I currently have a Dish 301 tuner. I want to add a second tuner (so I can have 2 s-video feeds to HTPC and two tuners than are controlled by IR). The 322 only has 1 s-video output and one of the tuners is UHF controlled.

Can I use a switch to add a second tuner to my single cable from the SAT?

Is there a better way to do what I have described?

Can I use the DPP44 switch to accomplish my goal?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

If you are using a single satellite orbital location, such as only 61.5, then yes you can use a single feed to a switch next to your 2 receivers and then feed the 2 receivers.

But otherwise, the switch will need a cable/feed from each LNBF.

You may want to go ahead and install a DPP44 at the dish/LNBF's, then run two cables from the switch to your receivers. You can take one cable and connect it to a DPP Separator and feed both tuners on the 322, and then take the second cable to feed the single tuner on the 311.

Some may tell you that you can use a splitter on your current setup to feed two receivers. This may work, but only as long as both receivers are attempting to receive the same satellite location and same polarity, such as, 61.5 horizontal channels, or maybe 61.5 vertical channels, but not both.

EDIT: Is there a better way? Maybe... What type of dish/LNBF, and switch, are you currently using?

Also, out of curiosity, what is the issue with using a UHF PRO remote for TV2 output?
Never mind, I suspect you want to use a universal remote to control everything.

Last edited:
UHF remote and 3 receiver question

The reason for two 311 instead of one 322 is that the second tuner on a 322 also only outputs composite, not s-video. I want to have s-video for both tuners.

If I want to have 3 receivers in my home, would the hookup be any different? I currently have 2 receivers (one in BR and one in FR). Will I need to get another switch to connect up 3 receivers?

I am currently running from 2 sat (119, 110), so I will need to put 2 cables into my FR.

Thanks,

Brian

First of all, what type of LNB do you have? Does it have a DP logo in the front?

Second of all, do you have a 322 or not? You say you have a 301 but then go on to talk about a 322.

To physically add a third receiver you need a switch. Depending on what type of lnbs you have, we'll give you what type of switch you need. Let us know type of lnbs and also what other receivers besides the 301 you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts