Two 37" LCD HDTV sets for just under 900USD at Walmart:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
As the title says Walmart has two models available now for under 900 bucks. The two models are Emerson and IC Power and they both have very close to the same specs.

They both are 37" (yes I said 37) widescreen LCD flat panel HDTV sets with a native resolution of 1366x768p. They both have a 1,000:1 contrast ratio and an 8ms response time. They both also have a built-in ATSC tuner as expected for this size. They both also have an HDMI input with HDCP along with two component inputs.

I know the IC Power has a VGA D-Sub computer input but I don't know if the Emerson does as well. I can confirm seeing the boxes of the Emerson at my local Derry, New Hampshire store and I mean the boxes I could buy and take the TV home. They as of today had them in stock but with no display model yet with a working feed going into it. I also did see the IC Power on a working display as well but I never went looking if they had any in stock.

Also even though the website for the Emerson doesn't list the warranty like the IC Power does I can confirm that the Emerson can get the extended warranty as it does ring up in their computer system at the local store. Also the IC Power can be shipped to your store for free with an online order allowing you to pick it up at your local store and avoid a shipping charge.

Also the Emerson comes with a two year picture tube, one year parts and 90 days labor warranty.

The IC Power comes with a one year parts and 90 days labor warranty.

The Two year extended warranty from Walmart costs a little under 60 bucks USD and gives you an additional two years parts and labor beyond the warranty it comes with.

So with the Walmart warranty the Emerson would have total coverage listed below.

4 years picture tube, 3 years parts and 2 years and 90 days labor.

The IC Power with the Walmart warranty would have a total warranty of 3 years parts and 2 years and 90 days labor warranty.

Also note that if you get an extended warranty from Walmart from the first day any service requests can be made by calling the toll free number from the Walmart warranty. The warranty Walmart gives just takes over your TV's warranty and extends that another two years.

Emerson Link = http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5027236

IC Power Link = http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5065361

I hope this helps you all out.

wal mart emerson tv

Looks like a really nice set for the price. It actually looks a lot like my brothers 37" samsung lcd and even the specs are pretty close to those of the sammy. The nice thing about walmart is they will take anything back no problem and no restocking fee's if tyou just dont like it or the way it performs.

Just make sure you have your receipt or they may give you one heck of a time taking it back if they will even take it back at all. Why dont' they have a system like Advanced Auto Parts or Sears or Rat Shack (I think they do it) where they keep it in the system and you do not need your receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)