Two 622 questions

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Getting a pair of 622's installed on Monday for two hd tv's in two different locations in the house.

1. Why is Dish offering a pair of 622's and not 222's?

2. Can you set a 622 on end instead of horizontal flat and not cause long term problems?

3. Also, I noticed that my current 625 will not work with the remote if it is behind a cabinet door. Does the 622 also need to have unobstructed view to the remote?

The responses I have received by all in the past two weeks as I swapped my tube tv's to a pair of Sony Bravias and now HD programming has been very useful and appreciated. Thanks you guys.

Mike

622s are DVRs 222s are not - if you want to record, you don't want 222s. You may be asking for heat problems if you put the 622 on end. You CAN set up your 622s to work with UHF remotes instead of RF.

The second TV remote is UHF, the first can be changed to one. Also, putting the 622 is not recomended as it could cover the vents in the unit used to cool the hard drive. Overheating causes more problems than anything else on dvr units.

Can both TV1 and TV2 be set to UHF at the same time?
I am getting two of these things. Each comes with two remotes. I will only be using one at one of the locations. That one could be IR the other two at the other location both UHF.

Interesting....
Mike

Yes, TV1 can be set to UHF. The easiest route might be to ask the tech if he has an extra TV 2 remote and buy it from him. Then, pull the blue chip out of the bottom of the extra remote and turn it over so it is black and slide it back in. Then go to the SYSTEM INFO screen by pressing that button on the front panel of the receiver. Press RECORD on your remote and you should see the TV 1 REMOTE ADDRESS change to UHF PRO. Voila!

Since I am getting two 622's I will have an extra UHF remote. I can use the one that remote is paired with for rf.

Cool.
Thanks for the information.
Mike

You can place the 622 on its side, if you put the left side up and have the right side supported so you have at least 1 inch of free space under it. It might actually (coolingwise) be better than a horizonal install, because the correct air flow through the unit should be right to left.

The 622 uses a draw thru cooling system, it has no vents on the top. Both sides need to be unobstructed. If you're putting the receiver in an enclosed cabinet you will have enough cooling issues already, I would't put it on it's side. There are instructions in the manual for switching the TV1 remote to UHF. Yes you can use the extra remote from the receiver thats being used in single mode, but the chip won't be correct. Some chips when you flip them over are black and say UHF Pro, others are green and switch the remote back to IR. You can order chips from dish network or you can manually move the switch that the chip changes with a small screwdriver. You will see what I mean once you get the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts