two dish system, what kind of multi-switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmyhank

Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
I currently have a two-dish system (1st dish is dual lnb, second dish is for locals), with a dual tuner tivo in the living room and a regular reciever in a bedroom. When I first got the tivo, i only hooked up one sat input because i didnt have a multi-switch, and didnt feel like getting one at the time. As the new fall tv season has started there are overlapping shows that i want to watch so i want to hook up the second sat input on the tivo while still having my reciever in the bedroom. So i went to circuit city and picked up a 3x4 terk multiswitch, got home, hooked it up, and now i cant get my locals in the bedroom, and have issues getting them on the tivo at different times, sometimes they work sometimes they dont. I have been searching the boards trying to figure out the problem... did i get the wrong kind of multiswitch? if so, which one do i need and what brands are good, it seems that people on the boards dont seem to like terk very much.

thanks for your help.

You will need a 4x4 switch. 2 lines from Dish A and 2 lines from Dish B

If your locals are not on 72.5 get a phase III dish they have a built in 4 port switch. Otherwise any 4X4 or 5X8 will work

Addition
only the 4x4 or 6x8 works with 72.5

im assuming that the locals are on 72.5 because the second dish is pointed further to the east than the primary dish... i just got locals last year. There are only 2 coax cables coming into my house currently, the cables from the first and second dish go into some kind of switch ouside the house that the installer put it when the second dish was installed. So do i need to remove that switch, run the coax cables from the second dish into the house and replace it with a 5x8 multiswitch?

yep, i have two 18in dishes... thanks for your help... im gonna order that right now and take the 3x4 terk back tonight.

thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts