Two Dishes for Eastern Arc

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I am in the process of getting the needed materials for a two dish setup for Eastern Arc to try and eradicate rain fade issues. I am going to go with two 30'' Winegard's with the D tube. What LNBs do I need to hook up to a DPP44, do I need a DP single output or the DP dual output (single LNBs for one orbital location). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I already have a 44 and a 33, I have three Hoppers so I already have all of the internal wiring setup. Dish has sent out a tech twice due to rainfade issues. I have given up on the contractor that Dish uses here, the tech that they sent twice (same one) had never heard of three Hoppers, said you couldn't do it he had been told. His boss had never heard of a three Hopper install, either he took a picture of my wring to give to his boss and everybody at their office. He tried to do a WA but couldn't get the wiring right. Think there must be a bad wire in there somewhere. Anyway, to make a long story short, I am going to try to mitigate the rainfade problem myself. Between the GREAT resource for help this forum is, and me reading here and there, I know as much as the techs around here.

Reactions: TheKrell
Just curious, which satellite will get the dedicated dish ? I'm guessing 61.5' (it also has the most separation from the others).

Dish Pro duals are more common than Dish Pro singles so you will probably find duals easier to come by. Either will work on the duals you just connect 1 line to the switch.

I used to use two 39" dishes for Eastern arc, and even they couldn't completely eradicate rain fade. We get some thick real black clouds here when it rains. Even on a perfect day, they only increased signal quality about 5 points over a Dish 500 type dish.

Agree with above. Either single or dual is good.

As far as the tech goes, they aren't trained on 3+ hopper installs. Most would put up 2 dishes before installing multiple switches. It's not his fault.

You mentioned a faulty wire, but weren't specific. Are you having signal loss issues on EA currently or WA. Do you have the option of EA or WA set up?

Just curious, which satellite will get the dedicated dish ? I'm guessing 61.5' (it also has the most separation from the others).
One for 61 and one for 72. There is nothing but Spanish programming on 77 any more.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As far as the tech goes, they aren't trained on 3+ hopper installs. Most would put up 2 dishes before installing multiple switches. It's not his fault.
Dish will sell you a 3rd Hopper and they will install it. Therefore, they support it, and should ensure that their contractors train at least some sort of expert technician in a given location on how to support more than two. I installed my own because I could get a Hopper cheaper off of eBay, and I had some of the needed switches already.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts