two dual universal lnb and 4 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevdish

Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Netherlands Antilles
kind of a noob here

but how can i install 4 receivers using 2 twin universal lnb ? ( i do need both the high band and the low band on 1 of the satellite's, so one of the universal lnb's can be changed for a standard lnb)
i got confused with all those talks about 22khz switch and ecoda switches
or is it best to switch to quad lnb's for both satellite's and use diseqc switches?

thank you in advance

Welcome to Satguys! :welcome

I'm not that experienced with multi-switches, but I think that you would need to get 2 quattro lnb's and something like a 9x4 multiswitch.

MS9_4PIU-5.gifms_9-4_piu_5.png

Wait for more experienced switch experts to confirm!

Enjoy the site!

Catamount

BTW welcome to the site...glad to have you here!!!

The thing that you need to address first is usage scenarios.

- Idependant Tuning by all receivers
The 9x4 switch and Quattro labs is the most versatile solution. This would allow all receivers to access the low and high frequencies without limitation.

- Shared tuning of LNB switching
If you do not need to access low and high frequencies at the same time on all receivers, you could get away with using 2 of the 2x4 or 3x4 switches and 4 2x1 or 4x1 diseqc switches. The LNB for N.A. satellites will always have tone on and all receivers can access H and V transponders. For the other satellites that need the universal capabilities will be set to low or high by the first receiver that tunes a H or V transponder.

Another option would be to use a 2x3 or 3x4 for the N.A. satellites and a Quattro LNB for the other satellites. Then use 4 2x1 or 4x1 diseqc switches.

Once you know this, you can determine which switches will be needed and the cost associated for the project.

Good question, I know other Ecoda 22khz switches pass 22khz where other brands will not. The one I linked though does not say, even though it is Ecoda.

But will that work with universal lnb? They have that 22khz issue dont they?
I would not recommend using a 22Khz switch. Frigid's post covers the issue well and I agree that a DiSEqC switch type would be best.

A 22Khz switch type could pass commands, but any additional 22Khz band switch commands for the LNBF would also change the switch port.

What did I miss with this.
If you have 2 dual LNB's you should be able to feed 4 cables from dishes = 1 for each receiver?
Does a dual universal LNB only switch both feeds at the same time or can they switch independant.

A dual universal lnbf can only use 2 of the 4 possible outputs. A quad output lnbf can use all possible outputs at once. The outputs possible are H 22khz on, H 22khz off, V 22khz on and V 22khz off.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

thank you for all the suggestions, was on vacation so sorry for late reply

i have 2 quad lnb's (universal) will use those together with diseqc switches, i don't think everybody is going to be watching tv at the same time so i think there will be no problem with the high and low band
i will test and post the results later
its a bummer that i couldn't use a multistich like the zinwell 4x4 multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)