Two DVR rebates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
I am a little confused.
In my dealings with D*'s retention department, rebates came up.
The first rep said no rebates on the second dvr, went away and came back and said yes, that a HD with a SD secondary would qualify for two rebates.

The same scenario happened the next time I talked to the retention dept.

The third time, after I was installed, I called to get a credit they promised (and got it) but was told that there was no way to get two rebates and there was nothing they could do.

Anyone have experience in this area?

What they told me was that if I buy two DVRs from them I couldn't get two rebates. But, if I bought one DVR from them (e.g., HD DVR) and another DVR from best buy for example, that I would qualify for the rebate. I did get two DVR but ended up returning the one from Best buy so I'm not sure if, in the end D* would really keep up their promise.

Kentstater72 said:
I am a little confused.
In my dealings with D*'s retention department, rebates came up.
The first rep said no rebates on the second dvr, went away and came back and said yes, that a HD with a SD secondary would qualify for two rebates.

The same scenario happened the next time I talked to the retention dept.

The third time, after I was installed, I called to get a credit they promised (and got it) but was told that there was no way to get two rebates and there was nothing they could do.

Anyone have experience in this area?

Hogarth said:
They're limit one, period, per household.

Not True. You can have more than one rebate regardless of what the rebate says the CS rep told me so. :D

We called today and they said you could get two rebates. If they try to tell us otherwise now, we'll just complain, and it'll work for sure. Complaining is what got us our 3 months of free Showtime. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts