Two homes with leased and owned receivers

I finally have the snowbird account activated and working. Now my question is ....is there a phone number that I can use to get connected with someone very quickly? It took me like 25 minutes to call in and have the locals switched, and I don't want to wait that long every time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What part took so long? Was it the wait to talk to an agent? If you called yesterday (Saturday), you have to realize, with the start of college football, the call volume (and thus wait time) was longer.

Switching addresses should be pretty easy...it does depend on the agent, though.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

Yes it was the wait to even get someone on the line. There will always be some event going on, always excuses. There has to be an expedited method for this....?

There's not. This exact question was asked in a different thread just weeks ago. Some will suggest contacting DIRT, which is fine if they're online at the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes it was the wait to even get someone on the line. There will always be some event going on, always excuses. There has to be an expedited method for this....?

I am sorry it did take so long, but it's not an excuse, so to speak. Dish has x number of agents, and college football Saturdays do have a lot more volume. I can tell you, there has been a lot of requests to get people who do not normally work Saturdays to come in and work overtime to help cover the rush. There's been a lot of talk on different threads here about what a horrible company Dish is to work for, and one of the bad things used to be mandatory overtime. In the past, they would force employees to work a sixth day (at overtime pay), and as expected, that makes a lot of employees mad and they eventually quit. So, the last couple years, it's a voluntary thing.

Do realize, I am not trying to justify it, but explain the "why" of the situation. I've generally not seen people have to wait in the IVR system any more than 4-6 minutes to talk to an agent at the highest volumes, although it can get peaky. All part of why self-service options are given, including the Dish chat. There were a LOT of calls yesterday from customers wanting to move from the AT120 to the AT120+ to get the SEC network, for example, a move that can be easily accomplished online (or via chat). Dish is very aware of when wait times increase, and I can tell you, Dish, in real time, works pretty hard to minimize it. The first weekend of the college football season is usually the worst one of the season, and while a lot of things were done, it wasn't always enough. I can tell you, though, that certain times of the day yesterday, there was a zero wait time, with agents waiting for a call with none coming in.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

Reactions: ChadT41
Very well put. Best description ever. To clarify one point, we all make jokes and comments about dish being the worst company to work for. Dish has a budget also, for how many people they can hire in each department. They do not hire on part time employees to work seasons. So throughout the year, dish is appropriately staffed, but when it comes to rush days, like any call center, it's going to suck. If it is something as simple as activating a receiver for the weekend, shoot dirt and email Thursday or Friday. It will be activated by Saturday.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
Every time I go camping, I have to call and have Dish send me a hit. It only takes a week for a receiver to lose its activation authorization. I ran a sat wire to my RV and just leave the 211 hooked up so it does not lose authorization. Have not been audited yet.

Correct. To lose the authorization, the receiver has to go anywhere from 7-30 days without receiving an authorization from dish. This doesn't mean how long it's unplugged, but actually not receiving the auth from dish.
If you need a hit sent, on average, the call wait time is not long(there will be exceptions to this), you can try chat before you head out, or even DIRT if you notice them online before heading out. Each Hit is good for 24 hours, it just continuously cycles.
Now that last part, I do need verified, because I had heard it may have changed to 4 hours to save room on their servers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)