Two Hoppers now only $99 for new customers with top 120 and above

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I go like I'm ordering 5 TV's it gives me a popup that says I have to call customer service if I want 5. Did you not get that? Does anybody have an offer code or something I can reference?

sent you the code in a PM.... yeah that code is the only one that allows me to punch in over 4 tv's. Dont know why,
as when i used the friends and family code, it wont let me do over 4. But the friends and family has the multi-sport promo on it where the AMEX doesnt...

ECUPirates said:
I currently have DTV and I am interested in Dish. I called about getting 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. (We have 3 tvs). They told me that this is not possible, and that I have to have 5 tvs to get a 2nd Hopper. Did I get a bad CSR or do I really have to have 5 tvs?

I have a two hopper/one Joey set up. This may help when you call, let them know you would like two hoppers because you want to avoid running into live tv conflicts and if one hopper goes bad for some reason you will need that other hopper to watch tv. With one hopper if it goes you can't watch tv on a Joey. I was a switch from Direct as well

This may help

When I called Dish to order my 2H/1J system the rep I first spoke to said this config wasn't possible. I explained my reasons for needing 6 tuners instead of 3 and he said he'd check with his supervisor. After checking he came back and said it was possible but he'd have to loop in a rep from their Executive Services team. Soon as he looped them in the order was easily setup. She (the rep from executive services) said they've setup a new support group called the "Hop-A-Lot" team geared to help new or existing customers who have more complex setup's than the average family that can do with 1H/3J's.

Anyway, with the help of the Executive services person my setup went just fine. Last week when I submitted my order I was told the first hopper was free but the second cost $199. In the past I believe there has been some confusion between what existing customers pay and what new customers pay. It was explained to me a week ago that new customers get 1 free hopper and the 2nd is $199 and for existing customers they are charged $99 per Hopper, so in the end a 2 hopper upgrade cost is the same for existing or new subs.

However, if that has now changed and they will sell 2 hoppers for $99, that's a heck of a deal but would like to see it substantiated without having to order a 2H/3J setup.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't see how there is an average family that can live with 1H/3J, unless 2 of the TVs are seldom used or something to that effect, which in my mind wouldn't be "average".

After getting past the first level of gate keeper and successfully getting transferred to customer loyalty dept, I got $100 credited to my account in about 10 seconds. Awesome. This forum is the best. And Dish certainly didn't have to do anything since I'm already locked in, so I have to commend them as well!

How did u get a credit. I have 1h and 2j. Wanted to add 2nd hopper. 199 is the price they was stuck at. Wouldn't come off that price. I afford them 99 for the 2nd but was a no go. I was talking to loathy dept too

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner App!!

I basically said - " I just had dish installed this weekend and would like you to consider an adjustment." when I called the other day.

Today when the first call center person said "our promotions change all the time" I told her to transfer me to customer loyalty because the original person said they'd do it. Customer loyalty didn't fight me at all

Ok. I have had my setup for 4 months. Guess I will wait and see if they do another promotion later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner App!!

HOPPER WHOLE-HOME HD DVR.
First Hopper HD DVR and up to 3 Joey receivers available for one-time $99 Upgrade fee. $99 Upgrade fee waived with subscription to America's Top 120, America's Top 120 Plus, Familytime Favorites bundle, America's Top 200, America's Top 250, America's "Everything" Pak, DishLATINO Dos, or DishLATINO Max at time of service activation. A second Hopper HD DVR is available for a one-time $199 Upgrade fee. With a second Hopper HD DVR, one additional Joey receiver is available for $99 Upgrade fee. Hopper and Joey receivers require an eligible HD package and cannot be combined with any other receiver models or types. PrimeTime Anytime feature must be initially enabled and is subject to availability. PrimeTime Anytime is only available with local channels broadcast in HD, which are not available in all markets. Actual recording capacity varies based on type of programming; 2000 hours is based on SD programming. Equipment comparison based on equipment currently available from major TV providers as of 8/01/12 Select functionality is limited or not available in parts of Alaska and in Puerto Rico and USVI.

Just copied this from Dish site. No $99 for second hopper according to this even for new customers. They do get a $30 per month discount for 12 months though.

I was quoted $0 for the first hopper and $199 for the second. I tried to get the second hopper for $99 but they will not do it. Here is the way I am looking at this. New customers get $30 off for 12 months or $360. I have been with Dish over 15 years, have three dvr's and spend $150 each month. Where is the loyalty to keep current customers. New customers get $360 in program savings - old loyal customers can't get second hopper for $100 less.

Direct also offers similar discounts for new customers however for $199 for their equipment I would get HR34 (5 tuners), HR24 (2 tuners), H25 (1 tuner) for the same price.

Dish needs to look at the big picture. Possibly lose a $150 per month customer ($3,600 over two years) for $100. Does not make much sense to me.

Directv is the same way, which is why I switched to dish. I expected the same treatment from dish when my contract is up but in the meantime I get the better deal. The way it seems to work with dtv and dish is that in order to get the best deals you need to switch every 2 years. I think they count on your reluctance to deal with switching to keep you trapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)