Two movies ruined during transfer to external hard drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

matt1027

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Dish VIP722k DVR and external USB hard drive.

In the process of transferring movies to the external hard drive two movies failed to transfer and now they still show up in the menu in the DVR but they are unplayable. They won't transfer to the external hard drive either.

Error Message:
A problem was encountered when opening the files for this DVR event. Please note the error code: 05

The hard drive works great. I don't think there is any problem with it. It seems like I may have tried to transfer too many movies at one time. Is that a typical issue? Is there a theory about how many movies or how many GB to transfer at once?

Is there any way to recover the two movies that are still in the DVR but are unplayable?

Thanks,
Matt

At this point there is no guarantee your recordings will come back (Have yet to hear of that happening after a mess up). I would suggest trying a hard reset and see if that helps. Keep an eye on it and if it happens again we would either need to replace the receiver or try a diff EHD if you have one available to isolate where the problem is. Like a computer there shouldn't be any problem with transferring too many at one time, it will just take longer if you do more. May have to delete the corrupted events if the hard reset doesn't fix them.

Thanks for answering. I didn't realize what a hard reset is and was just thinking it was unplugging the receiver. So I tried that and it didn't help so I deleted the movies. Now I just did a search and found out what a hard reset really is. So for now I'm transferring them slowly, like about 5 at a time and watching to see what happens.

Thanks again,
Matt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)