Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here at SatelliteGuys things keep getting better and better!

Tonight we are proud to introduce two new features!

First feature (and you might want to bookmark this one) is The SatelliteGuys Monitoring System. If you are a SatelliteGuys junkie you will enjoy this feature!

Open up a browser window then go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/vaispy.php

Here you will see the last 10 posts made to the site, (I know your saying whoopie however what makes this special is that the page is automatically updated when a new post is posted!)

It works best in IE and Firefox and unfortunately at this time does not support our forum filter option (If you blocked certain forums in the user control panel, unfortunately they will be seen here)

But if your like me who is always looking at the homepage and refreshing looking at the last 10 posts then this feature is for you!

Our second feature, is new to us yet at the same time is an old friend...
SATELLITEGUYS RADIO RETURNS TO SATELLITEGUYS!

Whats new if you access it from our main forums index page (http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php) down at the bottom by Whos Online...

radio.jpg

Here you can see whats playing, make requests and listen using all of the internet's most popular media players!

I hope you enjoy these new features, and I look forward to your feedback!

Thanks for adding the radio back :). I missed that feature the most.
But when you click the request song link it asks for a user name and password. I used the site login and it didn't work :confused:.

Cool.

On the radio -- when you click to make a request, it asks for a password? Is this right?

Also, when you play the music, the song that is playing is not what the applet says is playing.

Whoops let me fix the password thing. :)

The song listed as playing is updated every 30 seconds, so there is a chance what you see is not what is playing due to this. :)

Ok the password issue is fixed. :)

Also I have adjusted the time on the playlist update from 30 seconds to 7 seconds, this way when you tune in chances are very good what is says is playing is actually playing. :D

Enjoy!

Thanks Scott.

I never really noticed the bottom of the main forums listing before tonight. I see that it shows "Who is online" - but when I click on that it says you do not have permission to see that page.

Is the Who's Online tool for the staff, or is it supposed to be a member feature? Just curious.

Also opens in WMP v11 and I assume WinAmp (I don't use it anymore).

Why does it randomly interrupt in the middle of tracks with teh SatGuys Radio plug?

I heard the "SatelliteGuys Radio" at midnight, so I figured it was based on an hourly "requirement" to identify the station ala the FCC, even though they have no business controlling the Internet.

Here's a cool trick. If you hava a hacked DirecTivo with Music/Photos enabled, you can bring up the Winamp stream on your PC and save the playlist into whatever folder you have your music on. Using JavaHMO, you can listen to SatGuys Radio on your Tivo. Sounds great...

Last edited:
I think somebody already asked, since it's showing up whenever there's a "new post", any way to put a link on there to the actual "new post" instead of going to the first page of a multi-page thread?

It works on single page threads because it's appending #postnumber to the url but the multipage ones open on the first page, no &page= parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)