Two Pocketdish Questions

Endorphin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
1) I can't seem to find SGs extensive review...can someone link it to me? (sorry)

2) Is there any news on if/when the 522 will be supported? I'd love to buy a PD, but not if I can't put Satellite video on there...

Because I was sick and we had a lot going on, I did not complete the PocketDish review as well as I would have liked, especially in regards to the 7 inch unit. So if you got a question just ask away. :D

I called dish network today to order a 522 installed. I asked specifically if the 522 now worked with pocket dish or would soon. I was told by the rep that the 522 currently worked with the pocket dish.

The whole setup is a christmas present though so I guess I won't know until sometime Christmas day whether it will or not.

Scott- I know you tested it on a 942...would be great if someone with a 522 and a pocketdish could try to confirm what I heard

It does work with the 522 IF you hook the PokcetDish docking station up to the AV Outputs on the 522, it does not presently work with the USB ports on the 522. (Someone from Dish can email me if this is not the case)

I was afraid of that....I didn't ask specifically about the USB port...but I am hopeful that it will by the end of the month..

It surely will someday, at least Dishstore states that it will on their page for the pocketdish

Yes I am told it is coming soon. :)

Remember however that the 522 only has USB 1.1 so the speeds will not be as good at the 942 which is USB 2.0

Well phooey!

However, I guess the two tuner 522 DVR is a good upgrade from the 508 it is replacing...even if it doesn't do much for my pocket dish. The 942 would cost me 600 dollars and I don't do HD at the moment...thanks for the information

I'd go test my pocketdish on my 522's but they are all in my kids rooms and they are sleeping now.
I would think the USB 1.1 would still be considerably faster than the docking station because it transfers the program in its mpeg 2 compressed format and the docking station is in real time if I am not mistaken. Regardless I will try to test it before I go to work tomorrow so I can post the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts