Two questions. H3 "Not Connected" message, and Dish Support response.

Altitudinous

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 6, 2020
Northern NM, Northeast FL
1. I don't think this matters, as my H3 is connected to internet and has been for 3 or 4 years, but when I look at my account in MyDish, it shows the Hopper as "not connected". My Joeys show as Internet Connected. Anyone else see this and does it matter? The H3 has full access to apps and on-demand stuff, etc.

1605403671315.png

2. I "started a conversation" with "Official Dish Support" on Nov. 7, to inquire about OTA channel listings as delivered by the OTA adapter vs via the Dish-subscribed locals, but so far it's a one way conversation. One of the major networks is missing via the OTA adapter. Does "Official Dish Support" respond to these kinds of requests?

1. I have seen that on multiple models of receiver on my account over the years. Often, it will be reversed, with receivers that are connected showing as Not Connected, while receivers that have not been connected for years would still show as Internet Connected. No, it does not matter.

2. Generally, no. :( Updating OTA guide data problems does not seem to be a big priority for Dish.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
My hopper with sling is connected to the internet and has been for years but shows not connected for years. Not sure why.

2. Generally, no. :( Updating OTA guide data problems does not seem to be a big priority for Dish.

To be fair, I have now heard back on my "conversation". I have provided info in this conversation that shows that the broadcaster
is providing guide info with their broadcast, quite viewable from a dumb non-internet-capable TV, but Dish, in assembling the guide as provided by the Hopper 3, is ignoring or discarding this information for a major network. We'll see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)