Two receivers in the same room

Rontero

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Hi I want to put my Dish VIP722 receivers in the same room. I will put both receivers in my primary Entertainment Center rack. The first receiver will operate on the HD TV in that same room. The second VIP722 will be connected to my bedroom tv through an in-wall HDMI cable.

My question is... Can I use an IR to UHF kit to control the Second VIP722 without interfering with the first receiver. In other words, does the dish receiver allow for different IR channels so that IR remote 1 will not operate receiver 2 and vice versa?

My main purpose for this is to keep the TV in the bedroom clean, all connections come from the wall behind the TV and I dont want a receviever in the room cluttering things up.

THanks

BTW, I know these receivers can each operate two TVs but the TVs in my Family room and bedroom are both HD. THe second tuners for each receiver go to two other tvs in the house. My question refers to connecting the receivers to their respective primary TVs.

Tuner #1 on 722 #1 can be set to operate on any IR code from 1-15. Tuner # 1 on 722 #2 will require a remote extender device, like a POWER MID. Just set the code on the #2 722 to a different code. RCA markets the IR extender and you should be able to find one at most electronic retailers. The KIT offered by Dish will work as well, just costs more.

Tuner #1 on 722 #1 can be set to operate on any IR code from 1-15. Tuner # 1 on 722 #2 will require a remote extender device, like a POWER MID. Just set the code on the #2 722 to a different code. RCA markets the IR extender and you should be able to find one at most electronic retailers. The KIT offered by Dish will work as well, just costs more.

ummm, he can simply get another 6.3 UHF remote and confiqure TV1 on the 2nd 722 (HD set in the bedroom) to be UHF controlled.

not usually done but doable.

ummm, he can simply get another 6.3 UHF remote and confiqure TV1 on the 2nd 722 (HD set in the bedroom) to be UHF controlled.

THe second 722 comes with a #1 green IR remote. I would assume that there would be no need to use that remote in the room with the receiver? So, take it to the viewing room and use it along with the POWER MID. {RCA}.... THe cost of the 6.3 kit is higher than the POWER MID. Wally world is a good place to shop for the RCA model. It will control most any IR device, unlike the 6.3 kit.

THe second 722 comes with a #1 green IR remote. I would assume that there would be no need to use that remote in the room with the receiver? So, take it to the viewing room and use it along with the POWER MID. {RCA}.... THe cost of the 6.3 kit is higher than the POWER MID. Wally world is a good place to shop for the RCA model. It will control most any IR device, unlike the 6.3 kit.

choose your poison.

I am pretty sure the 722 functions the same way as the 622 and like the others have said you can just change the remote id so the 2 receivers do not conflict. But also instead of a uhf kit you could do like the other person said and get a 6.3 uhf remote to control tv1 or like on 1 of my 622 I use it in single mode and I am able to use the tv2 uhf remote to control it since it is not located by the tv.

That's exactly what I have done. It works perfectly. Very easy to set-up. If this is requested at the time installation arrangements are made, sometimes Dish does not charge for the RF TV 1 remote. Otherwise I think it costs an additional $20. Not bad really.

I believe all 522 models and up (with the exception of the 322, I think) can have TV1 accessed by a Dish RF remote.

Since you seem concerned about "clutter," it is worth the nominal expense of the Dish RF remote for control of your TV1. I got mine about a year ago for $20. No mess; no extra equipment; easy to set-up; only requires the RF remote; extremely reliable, and is covered by Dish warranty and Dish Protection Plan with immediate free replacement should it not function through no fault of you own.

That's exactly what I have done. It works perfectly. Very easy to set-up. If this is requested at the time installation arrangements are made, sometimes Dish does not charge for the RF TV 1 remote. Otherwise I think it costs an additional $20. Not bad really.

I believe all 522 models and up (with the exception of the 322, I think) can have TV1 accessed by a Dish RF remote.

a 322 works just fine with 2 - Blue #2 Remotes on UHF for TV1&2. Or buy the official kit so that the #1 Green remote is also UHF.

As you are getting 2 722s, each will come with their remotes: green IR and blue UHF. Set each on a different ID and use the second UHF remote in the other room, up to ~100 feet and 1 or 2 walls.

I have 2 722s now and a 622 used separately at the other end of the house.

Just a good idea to set the addresses to other than 1, which you neighbor(s) may use.

BTW the latest 722 was a owned 921 replacement thus not a 4-tuner limit.
-Ken

Thanks again for the replies.

One more question... Can I have 3 UHF remotes in one house? I see the manuals say they only have an A or B band. Do they also allow different "channels" within each band?

Thanks in advance. I actually trust the answers here more than I will get from Dish support.

Thanks again for the replies.

One more question... Can I have 3 UHF remotes in one house? I see the manuals say they only have an A or B band. Do they also allow different "channels" within each band?

Thanks in advance. I actually trust the answers here more than I will get from Dish support.

yes, 3 uhf remotes can co-exist in the same house. each one is merely set to a different "remote address".

for instance 722 tv1 address "3" 722 tv2 address "6" another uhf remote address "9", etc etc etc

if you buy the official "6.3" kit from dish, the set up for tv1 is easier. if you just get ahold of another 6.3 blue "tv2" remote, its a little tricker, but not difficult.

let us know when you get a hold of one and we can help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts