Two Receivers-/one splitter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JackR

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
I would like to run two Pansat 3500s receivers. Only run one at a time.
Can I split the signal and if so, with what? Would the two units have to stay in sync regarding what Satellite was used last?
I did a search but could not find the information I required.
Thanks
JackR

Pansat 3500A
SG2100
QPH-031

You would need a high frequency splitter (up to 2200MHZ) to do this

The “main” unit would control everything if on and the “slave” would only get the same satellite/polarity as the main

If the main is off, the slave could control everything as normal (get both polarities)

If you wanted to run 2 receivers from one input , but only use 1 at a time you could just use a simple a/b switch $5 - $7.

or you could use the loop out on the one receiver and accomplish the same thing as the splitter :)

I wonder how far apart he has these 2 receivers ???

mk279 said:
I wonder how far apart he has these 2 receivers ???

About 40 Feet.

Is there such a thing as a 3 way high freq switch? Would like to add a 3rd unit at a later date.

Only ONE unit running at any time.

I would get a dual LNB then....might want to add a multiswitch

DirecTV multisiwtches work with FTA so you could have 4 recievers off one dish each is independent control

Thats what I have...3 receivers off G10 :)

Question then. With the Invacom LNB's ability to receive FTA, Directv, and Dish Network signals, does this mean one could in theory use a directv switch on a FTA receiver and a Dish Network receiver??If so, that would be huge!

Or would a person run one side of the dual to the Directv switch and another to the Dish Network switch? Even though this method is not as huge, it makes more sense.

Last edited:
Stand-alone DirecTV multisat switches are 22k switches. A real nice setup for more than two receivers is to use the Invacom QPH LNB (circular and linear) in conjunction with a 4 x 4 (or even 4 x 8 if you need that many receivers) multiswitch.

Consider the circular and linear sides of this LNB as two separate dual-output LNBs. Connect both outputs of one side (either C or L) to the two 0k inputs and both outputs of the other side to the 22k inputs on the 4 x 4 switch. This connects all four outputs of the QPH (the two circulars and the two linears) to up to four independent receivers. The 22k 4 x 4 switch works well with the Quad Polar Invacom LNB because the linear side is NOT universal but standard (L.O. 10750). In your receivers satellite setup menu, select either 22k on or off depending on whether the satellite is circular or linear. So, instead of using a DiSEqC switch, you are using a 22k switch.

Of course, only one receiver can control your motor, so all others will only be able to watch programming on the one satellite your motor-controlling receiver is on. On that receiver, run cable from the receiver to the motor, then from the motor to one output of the multiswitch.

Last edited:
Spike
DirecTV switches will work with FTA. I use to use a DirecTv 2x4 multiswitch to run 3 receivers off Galaxy 10.

I have a few 4x4 switches at home. They have a 22K port so one side is normal and the other is 22K…so these don’t work with Universal LNB’s which has a 22K built in. What it allows you to do is hook up 2 fixed dishes to 4 receivers…..or a fixed and a motorized.

So as an example, you have motorized with a dual and a fixed dish at IA5 with a dual. You run all 4 lines into the switch and hook receivers up. One would have its output go to the motor so each receiver could either see what satellite the motorized is on or be on IA5.

With the Invacom quad, you could run all 4 lines to the switch and to the receivers. Only drawback is each receiver would see the same satellite.

crude attachment below

So in the setup here, receiver 1 can control the motorized…..the others are slaves to that motorized. The other receivers in the setup can have either the same satellite as the motorized one is at or in the setup turn the 22K on and they can see IA5 independently

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 161
Those same DirecTv 2x4 and 4x4 switches work with DirecTv legacy lnbf's and receviers dont they?

correct
DirecTV multiswitches (2x4, 2x8, etc) work with DirecTV LNB's and FTA LNB's

the larger switches (4x4, 4x8, etc) will work with a Phase III for DirecTV and FTA setups (also work with StarChoice)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)