Two receivers with Glorystar system

You would need to have dual feed (two output) LNBs - which unfortunately won't fit the dual LNB bracket of the glorystar system.
bob

Glorystar is about to go into production on a 4 degree Standard type monoblock LNBF to support multiple receivers. This should be available in the upcoming months. For now the Glorystar system is designed to support only a single receiver.

I will look forward for that to come out.

Glorystar is about to go into production on a 4 degree Standard type monoblock LNBF to support multiple receivers. This should be available in the upcoming months. For now the Glorystar system is designed to support only a single receiver.

good to know

btw: how many receivers will the monoblock support?
2?
4?

There will be two versions of the 4 degree Monoblock. One with two outputs to support two receivers and a four output to support three or more receivers using standard off the shelf multi-switches. 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.

We will also be releasing a single output Monoblock version and a single output with two additional DiSEqC loop-through ports for connecting additional dishes or LNBFs.

I'm not familiar with the term "monoblock" - can someone enlighten me?

Also, will these new LNBFs be the same bullet style and size?

Cheers,
Red

A monoblock is basically 2 or more lnbs all in the same housing. Examples would be Starchoice lnbs that pick up 2 sats 3.8 degrees apart or Dishnetwork lnbs that pick up both 110 and 119.

A monoblock is basically 2 or more lnbs all in the same housing. Examples would be Starchoice lnbs that pick up 2 sats 3.8 degrees apart or Dishnetwork lnbs that pick up both 110 and 119.

Cool, thanks. I am familiar with the concept, just didn't know the associated term. :)

an addition. There is a switch built in. On the Starchoice dish the new quad allows you yto get both the main (107.3) and 2nd (111.1) on 4 recievers with no extra switches. The 22k switch is built in

I have a dual feed (two output) LNB already, can't I just get a motor and be set up for this programing? Of course I would have to watch channels off the same satellite on both sets. The advantage of the monoblock set up would be that one TV could watch a channel on Galaxy 5 while another TV could watch a channel on AMC4. Isn't that correct?

A motor with one dual feed LNBF will work as you say. It is more cost, more complexity, and more maintainance than the twin LNBF adapter sold by Glorystar. Certainly worth waiting (if you can) for the mono-block unit.
Bob

Would this new monoblock have two co-ax cables runing from each LNBF into the house to make for a total of four co-ax cables coming off the dish and into the house?

Would this new monoblock have two co-ax cables runing from each LNBF into the house to make for a total of four co-ax cables coming off the dish and into the house?

no

All the switches are built into the monoblock. So its one cable per receiver from the LNB and you would get both satellites.

That is how my StarChoice monoblock is.
1 reciever 1 cable
2 receivers 2 cables
3 receivers you get the drift :)

There will be two versions of the 4 degree Monoblock. One with two outputs to support two receivers and a four output to support three or more receivers using standard off the shelf multi-switches. 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.

As Glorystar1 stated, with one version you would have 2 cables with 2 receivers. With the other version 4 cables to a multi-switch from the multi-switch you would have as many cables into the house (if the switch is outside) as receivers.
Bob

Tony
I guess I am not sure how it works for the Glorystar system, maybe Brian or someone from glorystar can weigh in here.

I thought, from what Glorystar1 said, that three or more receivers required a multi switch.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts