Two separate lines to HD receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Noryn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Sorry if this has been asked but I cannot find a recent post.

I will be getting the HD DVR with Directv. My home has the standard cable wiring--one cable jack to each room. Will they have to drill a hole through a wall to run 2 cables to this? Or can multiple signals run over the same cable?

I know another option would be wall fish but regardless does the HD DVR and regular DVR have to have 2 cables running to it for full functionality? (watching 1 thing and recording another)

Again thanks for your time.

sorry I did not see the technical forum.

If you are a brand new install then you should get the SWMLNB which allows for one wire to be run to DVR's and allows for two tuner operation. IIRC if you're HD customer though with the KaKu dish then they don't swap out the LNB for the SWMLNB, you'd have to get a SWMLNB or SWM8 switch on your own.

What rad just said, was if you are a new Direct TV customer you will likely get the new SWM LNB. This allows you to run a DVR with just one line.

If you are already a Direct TV customer with HD, you will not get upgraded to the SWM. Thus you will need 2 lines to the DVR.

You can buy your own SWM, but remember it only works with MPE4 receivers.

If that home was wired for cable TV make sure there are no splitters or traps in the lines that are not DBS compatible.

I had Directv installed on 11-1. I figured they would have to drill two holes (Two DVR's R22 and HR22). However the Tech explained about the new slimline dish, BBC Converter built into the receiver and second device the makes it possible to use one cable for a two tuner DVR. He just cut and tapped into my prevouis Dishnetwork install.

Hi all..

Is it definite now that all new installs with the HD DVR receiver will be receiving the SWMLNB one line solution?

Because Rad writes If you are a brand new install then you should get the SWMLNB and Liquidforce88 writes if you are a new Direct TV customer you will likely get the new SWM LNB.

Does this mean that I might still need an additional line to the receiver because the installer does not have the new SWNLNB with him on the truck.

Anyway to know in advance?

Thank you for your help...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts