two signals one cable

Depends on what kind of signals you want to combine.

Simple, inexpensive diplexers allow you to combine standard RF like from an OTA antenna or modulated IRD TV RF output with the satellite signal coming in from the LNBF.

DISH Networks DishPro hardware bandstacks both transponder polarities on a single output from a DP LNBF or multi-dish switch.

There are sophisticated and expensive methods of bandstacking multiple satellite signals for delivery to multiple dwelling units.

What do you want to do?

all i realy wont to do is be able to have the 522 hooked up throgh one cable but still get two differnt channels , i thing the dpp44 would work but i still dont now how to go about installing it

OK. you're talking about avoiding running an extra satellite feed cable for the second tuner.

It's NOT hard to do - if you already have DishPro LNBFs.

First, you spend around $200 for the DPP44 and DPP Separator.
Second, you follow the simple instructions in their manuals.
Really - it's not hard.

If you need any help figuring out what your current config is, go to the Point Dish and Check Switch screens and post back the top couple of lines - words like Twin, Quad, SWxx, DPxx, etc.

JohnDoe#2 said:
Depends on what kind of signals you want to combine.

Simple, inexpensive diplexers allow you to combine standard RF like from an OTA antenna or modulated IRD TV RF output with the satellite signal coming in from the LNBF.

DISH Networks DishPro hardware bandstacks both transponder polarities on a single output from a DP LNBF or multi-dish switch.

There are sophisticated and expensive methods of bandstacking multiple satellite signals for delivery to multiple dwelling units.

What do you want to do?
This is kinda like what i want to do. Installer put the reciever in the bedroom instead of the living room because it was easier. I would like to take the two cables coming into the bedroom for my 522, combine them into one cable to use existing wiring and then once in the living room turn them back into two cables and run tv2 back out through the existing wiring....I think its hopeless though.

breathe said:
This is kinda like what i want to do. Installer put the reciever in the bedroom instead of the living room because it was easier. I would like to take the two cables coming into the bedroom for my 522, combine them into one cable to use existing wiring and then once in the living room turn them back into two cables and run tv2 back out through the existing wiring....I think its hopeless though.
Yeah - that's harder to do, and quite expensive. Don't bother.

It's called "stacking", but standard stackers will NOT work with DishPro (950-2150MHz). You'd need cable rated for over 3GHz, and the stackers would be several hundred dollars.

SimpleSimon said:
Yeah - that's harder to do, and quite expensive. Don't bother.

It's called "stacking", but standard stackers will NOT work with DishPro (950-2150MHz). You'd need cable rated for over 3GHz, and the stackers would be several hundred dollars.

Couldn't I do this:

from the satellite into a Dishpro Plus 44 Switch, from the switch into the existing wiring to living room, then a Dishpro Plus Seperator to turn it into two cables again. Could I then use a diplexer/splitter/modulator for tv2, no??

breathe said:
Couldn't I do this:

from the satellite into a Dishpro Plus 44 Switch, from the switch into the existing wiring to living room, then a Dishpro Plus Seperator to turn it into two cables again. Could I then use a diplexer/splitter/modulator for tv2, no??

Yes, that would work.

SimpleSimon said:
you're talking about avoiding running an extra satellite feed cable for the second tuner.
It's NOT hard to do - if you already have DishPro LNBFs.
First, you spend around $200 for the DPP44 and DPP Separator.

Question about this -- as an alternative, Could you use a DishPro Plus Twin LNBF with a separator, instead of the DPP44? (Assuming one single-tuner receiver, and one dual-tuner?)

For my situation, I currently have an 811 and a 311.. I want to replace the 311 with a 522.. Was thinking I could upgrade to the DishPro Plus Twin, and save $100 over the dpp44?

I have two coax lines coming into my home theatre room. One goes to the 811 and the other to the 522. Now I want to bring off air down one of those lines to the 811 so i can have my HD locals. What do I need to do to accomplish this? Will there be signal loss with either the satellite or the off air? Also, I thought I remembered reading that you can't use a preamp with this type of setup. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Sigh. The search button is your friend.

These questions are answered over and over.
You shouldn't have to go back more than a week.

I don't mind giving a quick answer, but repeating the entire litany 500 times gets old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)