Two Tivo Issues.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

c9house

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I have the Direct TV Tivo R10. I had a problem last night with the receiver I was using the remote to fast forward and it would not stop. Looking at the receiver the light that is usually green was amber. Finally after pressing the play button on the remote a number of times it stopped. It acted up for the next hour or so. Also had a similar issue when trying to change channels. Pressed the up channel button on the remote and it went up multiple channels just by pressing the button once. Once again the light on the tivo was amber. The weird thing is that is does not happen all the time. Usually reseting the Tivo will fix it right away. Last night it did not. It took about 20 minutes after I reset it for it to work normally. I though maybe the remote was bad, changed batteries and it still happened.

I also have an issue were sometime when changing channels that the tv program will turn back and white. It usually only happens when channel surfing This also does not happen all the time. Funny thing is, it happens usually around the History Channel.

Any one have any ideas?:confused:

Sounds like the tuner is going bad regarding the second issue, but the first issue has me confused. Luckily this thing is only 6 months old.

Last edited:
Do you have an RF remote extender (to change channels from another room)?

Also, on the B&W issue, how is the R10 connected to your TV? S-video, composite, or coax?

KSbugeater said:
Do you have an RF remote extender (to change channels from another room)?

Also, on the B&W issue, how is the R10 connected to your TV? S-video, composite, or coax?

No on the RF Remote extender.

I have it connected by S-video.

Tonedeaf said:
When is the last time it was rebooted?

That's the first thing I tried. After rebooting it, it still acted up for about 20 minutes, then it started working again. I think it's possessed.

I had a somewhat similar issue. I was able to fix it by eliminating reflections that were hitting my tivo. Specifically, the tivo was sitting on a dark glass shelf. Putting a piece of paper or moving the unit closer to the edge solved my problem.

good luck

My DVR40 has done that once or twice. I think the solid amber indicates it is calling in to D*, updating software, or doing some other housekeeping. Considering the pitiful MIPS chip they are using, it does not surprise me that it would get sluggish when doing so many things a once. In fact, I am very impressed at how fast they were able to make the UI on the newer 6.x code.

Ted

I don't know specifically about your TiVo remote, I've got three and haven't had a problem, but from past experience with other remotes, you might want to change the batteries. I've had strange things happen with VCRs and my old cable box when the batteries were getting weak. If that's the problem, it's an easy and cheap fix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)