Two Tvs One Reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pritz786

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Hi Guys,
I just bought an new house and the cable wiring is an mess. I m myself still an newbie at dish. But heres my problem:
I have an one reciever and three tvs, i somehow want to get the same program watching on the main tv all the tvs.But i m not getting it. I googled it and found out that the splitter shud on the ouput of the reciver, but the reciever and the cables of the other tv i cant join it bcuz they are far away. i TRIED POSTING IMAGE BUT I CANT DUE POST RESTRICTIONS.
Hope u guys can understand it. I dont wanna shell out 5 extra bucks per month as i m gonna be just watching the tv myself like two weekends in a month.
Any suggestions wud be appreciated. Thanx

Well if you want to watch the same channel on all TV's you are going to have to run lines to all TV's from the output of the one receiver, I dont think theres a wireless way. And I hope you have a UHF remote for that receiver for easier channel changing from different rooms.

Thanx for the reply but i knwo its not dish related but how can i just get local channels. Can i get it with an antenna or the small antenna they sell it in home -depot to put it on the top of the tv Do they work? Again i just want NBC CBS Fox and local channels

you will need a diplexer set to do what you want to do, the diplexer allows you to carry the a/v signal on the same line that your dbs sat signal rides. The other thing you can do is to place the receiver near the cable junction, run a coax jumper from the receivers output to the splitter and feed all three rooms that way, if your receiver is a uhf receiver then your set, if not you wll need to get a IR/UHF upgrade kit from Dish to be able to use the remote in the other rooms.

Can u tell me how to put an diplexer and how wud it work on my system bcuz running the spliiter over the output cable is not possible in my house.

where is your cable junction at in your home?

If its in the basement, garage, utility closet, then its possible so long as you have an outlette, if not you can get a light socket adapter that will offer you an outlette.

Diplexers will come with directions but if not its like the exhuast on your car, 2 into 1 back out to 2.

The diplexer looks like a coax splitter, one side has a port labled In/Out, the other side has a port labeled Sat and the other one of the following, Ant/Cable, UHF/VHF.

You will need 2 diplexers, and 2 2way splitters, and 5 coax jumpers, 4 at 6 inches, 1 at 3 foot. The first diplexer will have the coax that ataches to your receivers sat feed line by way of the In/Out port, atach a 6 inch coax jumper from the Sat port to the sat port on the receiver, atach another 6 inch jumper from the tv output port on the receiver and then to the in port on one of the splitters, now atach a third 6 inch coax jumper from one of the out ports on the splitter and take it to the remaining port on the diplexer, put the 3 foot coax jumper on the remaining splitter port and run it to your tv.

Now the last diplexer will atach to the coax line that is going to your receivers location by way of the In/Out port, the coax line that is coming from the dish will connect to the Sat port, take your last 6 inch jumper and connect it to the remaining port on the diplexer and then connect it to the in port on your splitter and connect the two free cables at the junction to the splitter and your set, you will need to be sure that all tv's are set to channel 3. I cant garauntee how well your picture will be but this will work.

You can get a LeapFrog system that allows you to get the video signals off of the phone wires or a wireless A/V transmitter.

thanx guys for all the replies.
Since i want only local channels i wud go for an indoor antenna since the options u told me wud require lot of time.
Anywayz if u know of an very good indoor antenna can u post it . Thanx

Look at Best Buy, CC, or Sears. They sometimes have a antenna called a Silver Sensor. It isn't much and although I don't have any experience with it I have heard good things about it as long as your not to far from the local channel towers. Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)