Two Twinhan Cards: 102g & ATSC Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I am able to get both these cards to work nicely with Mytheatre, but when in install the driver for one card it always uninstalls the driver for the other card. My PC only has two PCI Slots and these cards never both work at the same time.

So far i like the cards but i think TwinHan sucks and has horrible support, software, and drivers.

Any ideas to get both cards to work at same time? Maybe different drivers? A Bios setting? Plugin/Modification of the drivers?

I have know idea, other than just putting the ATSC card in another PC.

i4tas, I have the same problem, so I can tell you why it does this, but I can't tell you how to correct it. In the "HELP" part of either card (I guess), in Chapter 2 Installation Introduction, part 2.1.1 TWINHAN TVPCI cards before you begin, it says "Please note that the TWINHAN TV PCI card will not work when there is another TV tuner card with Conexant BT878 IC onboard."
I hope someone can tell us how to get around this?

Al

<snip>
Any ideas to get both cards to work at same time? Maybe different drivers? A Bios setting? Plugin/Modification of the drivers?

Well there is only one way to do this and that is to use an alternative operating system that will allow you to use multi DVB cards, and the only operating system that does this is Linux…

But you can aslo check this out...
DNTV Live! is a state of the art Digital TV application designed to make your Satellite and Terrestrial TV watching experience an enjoyable one.

DNTV Live was the first DVB application in the world to work (viewing and recording) with multiple cards in the same PC at the same time.
DNTV Live! supports the full range of DNTV Live! DVB devices. It also supports selected DVICO DVB-T cards and USB devices, most VisionPlus/TwinHan DVB-T and DVB-S PCI cards and a number of other devices that have BDA compliant drivers, but only if a DNTV Live! DVB-T or other registered device is present in (or attached to) the PC at the same time.
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/dntvlive/index.html

Last edited:
not even PCI... :)

"Please note that the TWINHAN TV PCI card will not work when there is another TV tuner card with Conexant BT878 IC onboard."
Okay, maybe some other brand of PCI board would be a good choice.
Personally, I have a Twinhan Starbox USB FTA Receiver, so I would hope that wouldn't conflict...
(which seems to run pretty well....)
I'll try both it and my Twinhan PCI DVB-S card, and see what happens.
Will be a good test.

i have invested alot of time in linux, it looks great but too many problems with video card, board, and twinhans.

I was able to get both drivers to load tonight, put the ATSC one one first and let XP do the 102g. MyTheatre detects both and works with both, but this version only intilizes the first card. I was able to start two instances of mytheatre one sat and one atsc. ----> I watched both at same time.

Now i just need to find the right software. is there a program the does sat and ota plus have options like PIP, dual recording, record one watch other? So many possibilities!

http://board.mytheatre.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1393

But you can aslo check this out...
DNTV Live! is a state of the art Digital TV application designed to make your Satellite and Terrestrial TV watching experience an enjoyable one.

DNTV Live was the first DVB application in the world to work (viewing and recording) with multiple cards in the same PC at the same time.
DNTV Live! supports the full range of DNTV Live! DVB devices. It also supports selected DVICO DVB-T cards and USB devices, most VisionPlus/TwinHan DVB-T and DVB-S PCI cards and a number of other devices that have BDA compliant drivers, but only if a DNTV Live! DVB-T or other registered device is present in (or attached to) the PC at the same time.
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/dntvlive/index.html

You also might find something here...

http://forums.dvbowners.com/lofiversion/index.php/f17-150.html

When using MyTheatre, are you starting one card with the /card1 parameter and the second card with the /card2 parameter? Have you setup the two cards in the MyTheatre configuration as card1 and card2?

e.g. (these are from my shortcuts on my desktop, properties and my target line for each card)

"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /toggle /card1
"C:\Program Files\MyTheatre\MTStart.exe" /toggle /card2

Card 1 Twinhan 1020a
Card 2 Nexus-s

At one time I did have my Fusion box and Twinhan card both working at the same time with MyTheatre, but the addition of a third card just caused too many problems, as well as I do not have a reliable OTA signal. A second install of MyTheare solved most of my problems, one install for my two satellite cards and another install for my Fusion ATSC tuner (but did nothing for my poor signal strength). If your satellite card and ATSC tuner both use the same chipset, then the Twinhan driver may cause problems for you as pointed out in another post.

Last edited:
I figured out the shortcut thing. Too bad I can only find one way to luach shortcut with twinhan remote (power button).

I have yet to find and other program that can do two at a time and also support ATSC and SATELLITE at same time. I would like to have only one program running so changing channels and recording would be very easy.

Anyone know how to scan my digital cable, i got ATSC working but I wanta try the free stuff on digital cable with mytheatre and this card.?

Navigate to:
Main menu, Settings, Antenna settings and scan,
Then at the top check the box Cables, you will see one entry under cable. You may have to change the Constellation to auto or the appropriate QAM for your cable. Then just select all and scan just like you would to a satellite. Please note, you will only receive the unencrypted cable channels. In my case, there was only very few unencrypted channels, and nothing of interest to me so it was of no use to me.

I have yet to find and other program that can do two at a time and also support ATSC and SATELLITE at same time. I would like to have only one program running so changing channels and recording would be very easy.

Dvbviewer can mount more than one card at a time, so you can have one ATSC and one satellite card running at the same time. I have a airstar and Skystar card running both under dvbviewer.

@I4TAS, What type of ATSC card do you have? Is it the Twinhan 3250?

I have only gotten two ATSC cards to work with Mytheatre; Airstar and FusionHDTV. Twinhan 3250 shows up as a satellite card in Mytheatre.

Dvbviewer can mount more than one card at a time, so you can have one ATSC and one satellite card running at the same time. I have a airstar and Skystar card running both under dvbviewer.

Thanks, I have yet tried DVBviewer

@I4TAS, What type of ATSC card do you have? Is it the Twinhan 3250?

I have the Twinhan VP3250 HDTV DTV ATSC (D+A) and the 102G

I have only gotten two ATSC cards to work with Mytheatre; Airstar and FusionHDTV. Twinhan 3250 shows up as a satellite card in Mytheatre.

I kind of just got lucky with mytheatre and xp to get to cards working, i used some sort of BDA driver for the 3250 i found online. Mytheatre sees it as a BDA ATSC card, otherwise mytheatre and the 3250 for OTA HD is great!

I kind of just got lucky with mytheatre and xp to get to cards working, i used some sort of BDA driver for the 3250 i found online. Mytheatre sees it as a BDA ATSC card, otherwise mytheatre and the 3250 for OTA HD is great!

Please provide information on what BDA version drivers and what version Mytheatre you got this to work with.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts