Type of dish this is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

savoy9020

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I found this dish on my way home, and wondered what brand/type it is.. It has a massive 4 point pad mount, and seems to be very well made. The 6 foot mesh
behind it isn't available..

It measures 9'4" on the shortest points (directly across with tape) and nearly 12' tip to tip.

Looking at replacing my old hail damaged Channel Master, and this one is free for the taking..

Bill

Attachments

• img0278.jpg
    img0278.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 351
  • img0253.jpg
    img0253.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 264
That be a special dish for receiving Sponge Bob Square Pants feeds:D

Actually I don't know but it's interesting

My uncle had one of those dishes installed in 1983 by a local satellite dealer. It was not homemade, but it was very heavy.

I found this dish on my way home, and wondered what brand/type it is.. It has a massive 4 point pad mount, and seems to be very well made. The 6 foot mesh
behind it isn't available..

It measures 9'4" on the shortest points (directly across with tape) and nearly 12' tip to tip.

Bill

I have seen one just like that close to here...
last time I was by it I wanted to take a pic... but it was taken down... :mad:

Smaller versions for Ku are popular in europe. I can't imagine why. The conical scalar only will gather signal from a circular pattern inside the square.

The antenna was called an x9...cant remember who made it. We had a dealer here in Virginia who sold a few of those. I think it is one piece and is very heavy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts