Type of LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvfan

Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I've had DTV for about 3 years now but want to go to FTA. Can anyone save me, shaky when off the ground, from going up on my roof to find out what type of LNB I have? I need to know if it is linear or not. I have not upgraded the LNB or dish to what DTV now needs to get locals, it's the old type. It has connections for 2 cables to be run from it to 2 different TV's.

Can anyone tell me what type of LNB I'd have to save me from from a panic attack :eek: Thanks

what do you mean "type of LNB" ? is the dish round or oval? if its a regular round dish with 2 cables coming from it.. you have a dual LNB.. not sure what market you are in, are you saying you need to upgrade to the oval dish?

WELCOME to the Forum!!!!!

You have a DBS (no matter if its a single/dual/PhaseIII) circular polarized LNB you need a liner polarized Ku band LNBF for most FTA channels, some one will move this thread to our FTA area where we have a thread in the FAQ area "What can I get with an 18"dish" that will let you know what you can get with your current LNB and legal FTA ku band receiver!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)