U-verse in Arkansas

errett

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Maumelle, AR
U-verse is finally launching in the Little Rock area. The soft launch started Tuesday and the full launch is coming next week.

My install is scheduled for 9/6 with an estimated install time of 6 hours.

I am pretty excited!

E

That's good to hear. Hopefully Benton will be soon. Ask the tech what the range from the VRAD can go to. I know in the future they are supposed to be able to go up to 10,000' with the use of pair bonding.

errett - how did the install go? How do you like the system compared to E*? I heard that they recently rolled out the ability to play DVR content on a non DVR box attached to another TV.

errett - how did the install go? How do you like the system compared to E*? I heard that they recently rolled out the ability to play DVR content on a non DVR box attached to another TV.

Install was not very smooth. Installer took from 9AM to 6PM to get voice, internet and TV going and that was with only having to run 1 new coax drop about 30 feet. I changed the install plan when it started taking so long and began helping him to get it over with.

As for the service, I am really liking it. We do not have as many HD channels as Dish, but I have a feeling that will be resolved as the service matures. My HD quality is really nice and the SD pictures are really good too. I was amazed at the quality of the SD since I was coming from Dish. I always found the SD hard to watch on Dish on my HDTV, but it is not bad at all with AT&T. I miss my 622, the AT&T DVR leaves something to be desired. It is not terrible, but it is very different. Again, I feel like this will only get better as the service matures. We do not have the THDVR yet, it is supposed to be available before the end of the year for us. I did record 4 programs last night (2HD, 2SD) while surfing the net and watching an HD program back and that was very cool. I have heard complaints about folks having some breakup in their HD, but we have not seen it. I have watched a lot of HD to make sure it is okay before turning Dish off, and I felt comfortable enough to go ahead and do that.

Overall, we are happy with the service. I have been wanting to try it since they announced it in 2006. If you are going to get it installed, let me know and I will tell you what they need to do and what to look out for during the install. Our installer told me several things wrong that once the correct answer came out he had to go back and change some things.

E

That's good to hear. Hopefully Benton will be soon. Ask the tech what the range from the VRAD can go to. I know in the future they are supposed to be able to go up to 10,000' with the use of pair bonding.

Stimpson...

I did not ask. My installer was a very nice guy but seemed to know very little about the product. He spent a lot of time calling for help.

E

Overall, we are happy with the service. I have been wanting to try it since they announced it in 2006. If you are going to get it installed, let me know and I will tell you what they need to do and what to look out for during the install. Our installer told me several things wrong that once the correct answer came out he had to go back and change some things.

E

Hey erett, I'm probably going to move over to AT&T uVerse here in LR myself. I'm totally fed up with Comcast! Every time a storm hits, we lose our Internet (I dropped their TV for Dish a few months back). While the Comcast internet speeds rock compared to DSL, they are not anywhere near as reliable as DSL in our area.

What do we need to know to get the uVerse successfully installed per your advice above?

Does anyone know when Uverse will be coming to Tallmadge,Ohio?
It seems like it is all around me but not in my city yet. I keep checking the site and calling but of course they wont give you any information.
I have Dish Network now and I love it but everytime it rains we lose the signal.Highly irritating.Cant wait to switch.
Thank you for any info.

Get this.. I called AT&T today to get the lowdown on uVerse in our area today. Once I was on the phone with a sales rep, I was rushed into trying to establish service. Before I let them head down that path, I broke the stride and said that I would like to discuss limitations like how many concurrent channels can be watched, etc. Just stuff I have picked up from these forums.

The rep wouldn't answer my questions until I proceeded with the application for service.. hmmmm.. I asked what that required. I was told that AT&T would run a credit check before any more answers about the service were offered. I said fine, is this a soft or hard credit check.

She said it's a HARD credit check......

I about fell out of my chair! AT&T wants to run a hard credit check on me which goes beyond just getting a score (ours is over 800). This type of check gives AT&T access to your entire credit history (i.e. other credit card companies, loans, etc.) and usually performed for financial transactions such as loans, credit cards etc. This also leaves an inquiry on your credit score as well.

I then said that they just ran a check for my new AT&T wireless service (they only ran a soft check btw) which she replied was irrelevant. So, every time I buy a new service from AT&T I need to have my credit checked?

I told her that it was my credit and I was very uncomfortable handing that information out and I will pass on the service. She then tries to upsell me on phone service since I don't have an AT&T line! I told her I had already declined on everything and the call was complete (I was nice during all this).

She was pretty put out that I would not listen to any more of her sales scripts for other AT&T services.. I was pretty miffed by all this so I later wrote the CEO of AT&T to let them know that this is a pretty invasive policy for TV service.

Go figure...

I will be sticking with DISH for the foreseeable future with this policy.

Get this.. I called AT&T today to get the lowdown on uVerse in our area today. Once I was on the phone with a sales rep, I was rushed into trying to establish service. Before I let them head down that path, I broke the stride and said that I would like to discuss limitations like how many concurrent channels can be watched, etc. Just stuff I have picked up from these forums.

The rep wouldn't answer my questions until I proceeded with the application for service.. hmmmm.. I asked what that required. I was told that AT&T would run a credit check before any more answers about the service were offered. I said fine, is this a soft or hard credit check.

She said it's a HARD credit check......

I about fell out of my chair! AT&T wants to run a hard credit check on me which goes beyond just getting a score (ours is over 800). This type of check gives AT&T access to your entire credit history (i.e. other credit card companies, loans, etc.) and usually performed for financial transactions such as loans, credit cards etc. This also leaves an inquiry on your credit score as well.

I then said that they just ran a check for my new AT&T wireless service (they only ran a soft check btw) which she replied was irrelevant. So, every time I buy a new service from AT&T I need to have my credit checked?

I told her that it was my credit and I was very uncomfortable handing that information out and I will pass on the service. She then tries to upsell me on phone service since I don't have an AT&T line! I told her I had already declined on everything and the call was complete (I was nice during all this).

She was pretty put out that I would not listen to any more of her sales scripts for other AT&T services.. I was pretty miffed by all this so I later wrote the CEO of AT&T to let them know that this is a pretty invasive policy for TV service.

Go figure...

I will be sticking with DISH for the foreseeable future with this policy.

I cancelled U-Verse TV, and I found out after I saw the credit report on my computer...they ran 2 checks, 1 for DSL and 1 for TV, thats retarded.
AT&T is a a horrible company when it comes to that.
I'll stick with DTV for my primary TV service, I cancelled U-Verse last month.

At least Cable companies are much better than U-Verse....no credit check required.

I'm curious. I just checked availability using my Maumelle, AR zip code (72113) and the website said it wasn't available in my area yet. I then used my address and received the same message.

Do I have to call?

I also tried to look at programming for one of their packages and again I had to enter a zip code. Upon entering the 72113 zip code, I received a page indicating no service in my area.

Robert

Until pair bonding goes in the limit is around 3200' from the VRAD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)