U531 new software update hopper 3 DVR

With Google Assistant coming to the Hopper later this year, I am hoping I can just say "Hey google play Fun Tower Radio" and it will play it from TuneIn just like a regular Google Assistant does... with no need for an external program.

Metoo Scott waiting for the same thing too so if I ask Google assistant any radio station and it should bring it up from tunein right?

Reactions: pattykay
Metoo Scott waiting for the same thing too so if I ask Google assistant any radio station and it should bring it up from tunein right?
I love that feature from Alexa. I use that all the time on my Echo Dot. So, I am hoping the Google Assistant on the Hopper will work the same way. Also, since I brought up Alexa:
Anyone with a 54 Voice remote please try ESPN and see if they fixed it. 528 update goes to CH 141 instead of 140.
"Alexa, ESPN on Dish" still works properly to go to channel 140.

Hey folks go to your settings Google assistant is in there with Amazon Alexa no joke folks third row

Hey folks go to your settings Google assistant is in there with Amazon Alexa no joke folks third row
That has been there for awhile. That is to set up a separate Google Assistant device to control your Hopper, not the integrated Google Assistant (no external device needed) built into the Hopper that Dish recently announced they are working on adding.

That has been there for awhile. That is to set up a separate Google Assistant device to control your Hopper, not the integrated Google Assistant (no external device needed) built into the Hopper that Dish recently announced they are working on adding.
So the other one is Scott is talking about right ? Just wanted to make sure

So the other one is Scott is talking about right ?
None of us has actually seen the new feature yet, but supposedly, it will allow you to use the 54.0 voice remote to send Google Assistant commands ("Hey Google, dim the lights" or something like that) through the Hopper, without needing any other Google device.

Reactions: FilmMixer
I am unable to force an update on my Wally to U449. It goes through three or four restarts, but then goes back to the program without updating. Does the system use some sort of sequence to determine when each receiver can/will get updated?

I am unable to force an update on my Wally to U449. It goes through three or four restarts, but then goes back to the program without updating. Does the system use some sort of sequence to determine when each receiver can/will get updated?

When software is rolled out by Dish, it is rolled in waves to ensure it doesn't crash and burn. This Wally may not have been targeted yet for the update. I'm sure it will update itself in the near future.

FWIW, U531 restored the function of using the voice remote to change guide channels. An earlier update had changed this, making the H3 change the (minimized) channel being viewed instead of, changing the guide. Kudos Dish for the catch.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I still see the "0 of 0 tuners in use" briefly when I go to the TV Activity screen on my Hopper Duo, but then it resolves itself and displays the tuner activity correctly. And, as I have said before, being able to get Youtube at all on the Hopper Duo and/or Wally would be nice. This version still does not do that.

(Just because somebody had to say it): It seems ironic that a 622 is an upgrade from a Hopper Duo. :biggrin

I wonder if the Duos and Wallys have the same Processing limitations as the Joeys concerning YouTube

Reactions: pattykay
You're right. I just tried it on my Wally (U449), and it goes to 141 (ESPNU) instead of 140 (ESPN).

Just tried it on my H3 and it also goes to channel 141. :(

Ironically, I showed a customer with a new Hopper/Sling today how saying ESPN takes it to ESPNU....and it went to ESPN. So I got home, tested my H3....and it went to ESPNU lol...smh

I wonder if the Duos and Wallys have the same Processing limitations as the Joeys concerning YouTube
That seems plausible for the Wally, since it is older. I am pretty sure that should not be an issue for the Hopper Duo, but I am not 100% sure on that. With the new software, attempting the voice command "YouTube" with a 54.0 remote on either a Hopper Duo or a Wally results in a pop-up at the lower-right corner that says "Action was not successful. Please attempt command again or try a different command." The suggestion to try the command again does not seem to be very helpful if Dish is not actually working on adding YouTube to these receivers. Does the same thing happen on Joeys?

However, I would never expect to see You Tube on Joey 1,2,3, or 4k Joeys .

The thought of running YouTube on a Joey 1...that's pure comedy right there.
smilielol5.gif

Reactions: HipKat
I mean, the hardware isn't sufficient to run YouTube without experiencing a poor user experience, so logically I would assume they are not going to retroactively change the hardware in an existing product to add YouTube, but instead maybe the new models going forward will the juice to run it smoothly? I guess we shall see

Dish isn't working on adding You Tube to any existing Joeys. Future Joeys, maybe? However, I would never expect to see You Tube on Joey 1,2,3, or 4k Joeys .
Right. That was not the question, though. The question was: what happens when you try to use the voice command "YouTube" (or "Launch YouTube") on a 54.0 remote with a Joey? Do you get the same message that appears on screen (which I posted in post number 33) when I try this command on a Wally or Hopper Duo? I am trying to parse whether Dish is working on adding YouTube to Hopper Duos and Wally. So, if the on-screen message is different from what appears on a Joey, then there may be hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)