Ufc 67 In Hd!!!!!!!!

mdwatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Jackson, OH
Per a DISH Network advertisement seen today, UFC 67 will be offered in HD on PPV channel 9467 on Feb 3, at 10PM for a price of $49.99. SSS:DHHHHHWWWEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It has an almost cult appeal (I do not mean anything negative by that), much like wrestling events. Some people throw parties around it (like they used to with Heavy Weight Champion Boxing matches), others charge friends per head to come and watch it - split the cost. I would not pay $2.99 for a movie on PPV, let along $50 for anything, on TV, but people should spend their money on what makes them happy.

Just out of curiosity, are sporting events on PPV still popular as they were 10 years or so ago - Boxing, WWE, etc.?

UFC is quite entertaining. I'd rent the old ones by the truckload from the local video store for $.50 a pop on Teusdays. They were located in the 'special interest' area. Nowadays, I wouldn't even spend the $.50 cents. So $50? I'll wait till they are selling for a dime a piece at a rummage sale 10 years from now. But that's just me. That's the price I pay for entertainment. $0.00. :)

I'm one of the ones who hosts a party with 8 to 10 friends and we split it. Funny, I originally saw UFC 67 only in SD on Dish's website, so sent them an email asking about the HD feed. They replied that they were only carrying it in SD, with no future plans at this time to carry the HD version. Well, I got a tip from another post that it was showing up in the guide on the HD PPV channel, and, sure enough, it's there. I purchased it last night, but it was only the normal price of $39.95.

I got the same e-mail that everyone else did about UFC 67 only being offered in SD. Also, if you go online to order it, it only lists it in SD. However, if you pre-order using your remote, or you call the 1-877-DISH-PPV number, HD is one of the options that they give you. But apparently Dish caught the 39.95 price, 'cause they jacked it up to 49.95 when I looked at it last night. It seems weird that the website and the CSRs lag behind the automated phone system and order-by-remote. A few months ago, I tried to order an event by the World Fighting Alliance (now defunct), and I had to speak with a real person to get it live, because order-by-remote and the automated phone service had it for the next day. The website didn't have it at all.

I think Dish needs to get their ducks in a row when it comes to PPV , and fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)