Ugh...Really Annoying!! Help needed...i am a newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
We have a samsung transponder (DSR 3800) and a satellite outside.

We had a bunch of channels, and now we don't. I don't think its because the satellite dish moved, i think its because our trees got bigger.

I know i can find a bunch more channels than we had (or have, although nothing really works) because the signals would be better, but i don't really know how to fix the problem.

He doesn't want to cut or trim the trees, and i don't know if i can raise the satellite; i don't have any extra chord. Is there anyway i can get some extra chord so i can raise it higher or put it on the roof? i think this would solve a lot of problems.

thanks!

You can extend the cable by using RG6U cable. Make sure its rated for outdoors and you can use a barrell connector (female to female) to add it onto the existing cable by unscrewing the connection at the dish.

Okay, great, thanks a lot!

Is there any recommended places to get this cable (online or off line) for cheap?

Okay, great, thanks a lot!

Is there any recommended places to get this cable (online or off line) for cheap?

If you have a Home Depot or home center like that by you you can get RG6 cable there. If you make the barrel connection outside get some silicone and weatherproof it.

it already is outside, but the idiot who installed it put it in front of a bunch of trees.

i guess i cant blame him because they were small...but trees grow...big haha.

thanks!

are these cables expensive?

They range in price. Try to get decent quality as it could affect your signal strength if its a weak signal. You can typically buy a 50 foot cable for $20-$40.00. Sometimes cheaper. Make sure its RG6 and rated for high frequency (usually printed on the cable itself) and outdoor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)