Ugh. Snow!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem0nlord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Central Texas
I'd like to get my new conduit buried, but not till this is gone. I moved down here to get away from this crap.

Attachments

• snowdish.jpg
    snowdish.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 189
heh, you have more snow than I do in Michigan. This winter sucks. Glad I didn't buy a season ski pass this year.

I'd like to get my new conduit buried, but not till this is gone. I moved down here to get away from this crap.

I like to look at Texas Weather maps since I visited 2 years ago and have thought about relocating with the family. You can get a good size house for your buck.

But youre not kidding it's even cold in Mcallen, give it a few days and you'll see quite a change.

Your install is sweet by the way, where are you ? Austin or S.A. area.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I welded up the kingpost using some scrap channel for the base, scrap plate for gussets and a 3.5" OD sched 40 conduit. It's sitting on 1200lbs of reinforced concrete. Just a plastic junction box from Home Depot on there and that's 1.5" ID flex conduit attached to the box, I figure that is the cleanest way to make the needed bends to get it into the ground. I'll be burying 1.5" ID conduit over to the house, it's about a 150 foot conduit run, but by putting the dish way out there I see 37.5W-139W. When I looked at conduit it didn't cost hardly any more to do 1.5" than 1.25" and it can only be easier to pull wire through if I ever want to change it out or add anything.

Location is Austin area, just to the E of Round Rock.

Now in Boston on business, and I thought it was cold at home. Brrrr. :shocked

I thought it never snowed in Texas.
When I've been there, it was hotter'n hell.
Other times it was as humid as Florida.

Must be one heck of a winter, 'cause I just heard that there's snow in the Los Angeles area, too! :eek:
Where's me long-johns?

I thought it never snowed in Texas.
When I've been there, it was hotter'n hell.
Other times it was as humid as Florida.

Must be one heck of a winter, 'cause I just heard that there's snow in the Los Angeles area, too! :eek:
Where's me long-johns?

Texas is large enough to have several different climates . And , yes it snows , sometimes in Texas , the further north , the more it snows . The further south , the less .

Generally speaking , the further north is a dryer plains climate , the further south is more humid climate with more trees .

Do not know anyplace in Texas that it does not get HOT in the summer . Just a matter of how hot . Course the higher humidity further south makes the heat worse .

But all in all , Texas is the best place on earth . :)

Wyr

Thanks for the compliments guys. I welded up the kingpost using some scrap channel for the base, scrap plate for gussets and a 3.5" OD sched 40 conduit. It's sitting on 1200lbs of reinforced concrete. Just a plastic junction box from Home Depot on there and that's 1.5" ID flex conduit attached to the box, I figure that is the cleanest way to make the needed bends to get it into the ground. I'll be burying 1.5" ID conduit over to the house, it's about a 150 foot conduit run, but by putting the dish way out there I see 37.5W-139W. When I looked at conduit it didn't cost hardly any more to do 1.5" than 1.25" and it can only be easier to pull wire through if I ever want to change it out or add anything.

Location is Austin area, just to the E of Round Rock.

Now in Boston on business, and I thought it was cold at home. Brrrr. :shocked

Be sure to buy electrical 90 degree ell's . Plumbing ell's are impossable to pull wire through . And blpw or vacume a pull string through it . :)

Wyr

Of course right now, i would take some snow here in Michigan over this freaking ice that is still coating everything. PITA clearing off the FTA dish the other day. It was 3/4 inch thick all over it, LNB, motor etc. Took forever to melt off with the ice melt solution. It's about time winter arrived this year, but we need snow, not ice. I curse you El Nino

Texas is the only place can has 4 seasons in a day. kekeke

Oh no, I'm sure many places can say this. I know in MI and many other northern states, it's typical in spring or fall to have to use the furnace in the night and morning and then fans and even AC by afternoon.

Heck I remember back in 1996 in Michigan, 2nd week of July we got 7 inches of snow in the town I was in. Earlier in the day it was 60+ degrees and people were barbecue'ing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)