uHD 30W motor issue...

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
I used to be able to select the 30w satellite by simply going to one of it's channels and pressing enter on the remote... as one would do with any satellite channel. Lately though I have to select the channel and go into the diseqc menu and manually move the dish "east" in order for the motor to move to this satellite. This satellite is right at the eastern (stop) on the motor for my location.
The motor is an SG2100, an older version but it works great on all other sats.

Tried deleting the satellite and replacing it with a new one... using a different diseqc position too, driving it to the stop and pressing save in the diseqc menu. Of course hitting the west button and allowing it to move one "click" loses the satellite. Also there is no limit set in the receiver or on the motor (as far as I am aware other than the internal limit switch).

Curious if anyone else has run into this... I have not tried another receiver so far, might try the old Pansat just for fun...

-C.

May end up having to reset the motor.

I have a similar problem with my MicroHD and SG9120 Motor. Sometimes I can't move my dish from the "Motor / Switch Setting" menu,
but if I I do a "Single Satellite Search" where the "Moving dish..." banner shows for fifteen seconds the dish moves.
Most of the time after that I am able to use the "Motor / Switch Setting" menu again.

I have tried resetting the motor and it fixes the problem temporarily. I don't have the problem with a different receiver.

Re-set the motor a few times. Works fine for all the other satellites (within range), but I use USALS for the others. Only 30w is affected. Maybe being all the way to the east stop switch causes an error or something. Will try re-scanning one of the TPs and leave the "dish moving" banner to display until it times out and see what that does. It is not likely meant to track a satellite that far away from true south, but it worked before, don't know what changed.

Hi Brian,
Firmware is the latest: 2013-6-26
30w is about 74 deg east of true south at 106 deg E of my location running the motor to the stop using diseqc 1.2 at 6 deg elevation. Motor is an older Sg2100, works well other than this rather small issue.
Tried moving the motor one or two clicks west of the stop and saving that position but it still won't move to 30w after positioning on another bird. May try deleting the satellite and adding it again.

As the satellite is outside of the +/-70 degree USALS support, so you are right to use DiSEqC 1.2. DiSEqC 1.2 is just a saved reference number and a STB has no calculation or point of reference for preventing the issuing of a position number.

This is either a glitch with the STB issuing a DiSEqC command or the motor receiving/processing the command. Connect a scope and you would instantly know or by watching the motor's LED during a move command. Does the LED blink indicating that it is receiving a DiSEqC command when 30w satellite channel is selected?

If I were trouble shooting, I would first perform a reset on the motor then remove power for a few minutes. If that didn't correct, then master reset the STB and reprogram.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Did a (few) master re-sets on the STB and the motor. Programmed only 97W (USALS)and 30W (DISEqC 1.2) and it still does the same thing.

I'm wondering if one of the contacts on one of the limit switches is sticking...

Raining so r+r the motor is not going to happen today.

Can't see the motor LEDs unless I get someone to operate it while I watch outside... No one here today except me and the cat... :)

Will try to figure it out. I am leaning toward a problem in the motor... but maybe the diseqc commands are not being sent when changing to that satellite, but they are obviously being sent when in the antenna setup menu when I click on "east", it moves.

I have an SG9120 kicking around somewhere I might try it just for fun...

update:
switched out the uHD with an Azbox and same trouble. Removed the motor and bent the contact a bit (end of travel switch), and now it works fine. Kind of wondering if the contact was not 100% and tripped the relay when moving east. If I recall I had this trouble with the 9120 motor... I should check it out too maybe that was all that was wrong... besides the electronics that were problematic in that unit.
Kind of explains why the issue was somewhat intermittent.
Currently using the uHD on a stab 120 and 39" dish and it is working flawlessly. This dish doesn't see as far east though due to LOS issues though but the motor drives east to the stop and back again when 30w is set up.

OTHER X2 Premium - Multiple Problems!

Pansat Setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)