uhf antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Hello, was wondering if a dishnetwork uhf antenna will work on a dsr 922 4dtv reciever i'm currently watching one on ebay but it looks like there is no uhf antenna.

I have dish network and a DSR920 and the antennas look exactly, and I mean exactly the same. I would be surprised if it didn't work.

Can't you make one out of a large paperclip, a plastic bead, and a used connector? - :D
. . . or maybe a length of music-wire from a hobby-shop.

Is lack of that little antenna really a concern?

edit: sorry, don't mean to be rude.
Just seems like something easy enough to fashion if it's missing.
And I think DishStore may even sell them...

Can't you make one out of a large paperclip, a plastic bead, and a used connector? - :D
. . . or maybe a length of music-wire from a hobby-shop.

Is lack of that little antenna really a concern?

edit: sorry, don't mean to be rude.
Just seems like something easy enough to fashion if it's missing.
And I think DishStore may even sell them...

No it's not really a big deal i more or less was just wondering if a dishnetwork one would work because it would be an easy fix.

Hello, was wondering if a dishnetwork uhf antenna will work on a dsr 922 4dtv reciever i'm currently watching one on ebay but it looks like there is no uhf antenna.
A very simple solution ......JUST EMAIL HIM AND ASK!

Last edited:
the antennas are universal so as long as the receiver can support it, then it will work just fine :)

It's easy enough to make one out of a piece of coax if the jack is an F connector like most are.

I have a DN 222 receiver located in the bedroom, and my wife sometimes watches the second tuner in the living room. She was having some trouble with the remote not responding properly. I used a piece of coax from the UHF antenna jack and ran it into the basement and tacked it to a floor joist at a point under her chair. I cut the jacket and braid and left a length of center conductor that was close to the length of the little antenna...no more problem...

It's easy enough to make one out of a piece of coax if the jack is an F connector like most are.

I have a DN 222 receiver located in the bedroom, and my wife sometimes watches the second tuner in the living room. She was having some trouble with the remote not responding properly. I used a piece of coax from the UHF antenna jack and ran it into the basement and tacked it to a floor joist at a point under her chair. I cut the jacket and braid and left a length of center conductor that was close to the length of the little antenna...no more problem...

ditto
did the same with the 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.