UHF or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigmakstudios

Original poster
May 18, 2007
Here's a picture: http://gallery.avsforum.com/uploads/..._0003_0001.jpg

It's very old (probably from the 70s or 80s... it was already on our roof when my family moved in), but I've heard that a good amount of very old antennas are still capable of interpreting UHF signals. This one doesn't have the sort of semi-triangular section that most UHF antennas seem to have, but I'm still not certain that it's VHF-only. Really, I'm not sure if anyone could discern between an antenna that could only get VHF signals and one that could get either UHF, or both through a low-resolution picture, but if you have any idea, please tell me.

Sorry if you couldn't see your post at first. A new member posting links causes the spam filter to hold your messages until a staff member can look at them and approve or discard the message. This has been approved. Thanks for your understanding and WELCOME to Satelliteguys. :)

See ya
Tony

Define UHF antenna. Any antenna, though may not be designed to do it, can receive signal from UHF, VHF, FM, and AM if conditions are right. Though chances of solid signal or signal that last more than a few minutes are less than with UHF or VHF only antenna.

Hook it up and tune to UHF channel. If it works, then your set, if not, then oh well. If it was on the house when you moved in then it isn't a loss for you.

The 7 elements at the front sure look like a UHF yagi to me. Looks like correct element spacing and length. Do you see any cable going to the those element's up front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)