UHF Pro Help

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I have a 622 and the TV2 remote is not working well. The TV is only a few rooms away from the receiver. To get it to work, I had to go to the room with the receiver to use it. It has always been horrible, but this is really bad. What are some things I can do to get it working again (besides hooking the antenna up to some coax)?

You could use a diplexer and back feed the antenna into the same cable that your TV2 is on. This would allow you to place the antenna in the same room that TV2 is in. This requires 2 diplexers. Other than that, you could add a small piece of coax to the antenna and raise the antenna up to give it a more unobstructed view. I raised mine above my entertainment center and it now works great.

make sure the little antenna is straight up and down. make sure it is not blocked by a vcr or dvd player. make sure there is no cables touching the antenna. there is a way of turning up the power the remote puts out but for the life of me I can not remember how to do it.

You could use a diplexer and back feed the antenna into the same cable that your TV2 is on. This would allow you to place the antenna in the same room that TV2 is in. This requires 2 diplexers. Other than that, you could add a small piece of coax to the antenna and raise the antenna up to give it a more unobstructed view. I raised mine above my entertainment center and it now works great.

Diplexers? I thought it was using two 2-way splitters.

I think there might be interference. There is a connector call 15db attenuator (comes with the receiver)that blocks the interference. Have you try putting it on?

Last edited:
No those are diplexers.

Disconnect the TV2 wire from the back of the reciever. The other end will still be hooked onto the diplexer.

Take a two way splitter and hook the cable that you disconnected from the back of your reciever into the in part of the splitter.

Remove your UHF antenna off the back of your reciever.

Now make two small jumpers and hook them onto the out sides of the splitter.

Connect one of the jumpers where the UHF antenna was.

Connect the other jumper where the TV2 wire was.

Go to your TV2.

Diconnect the wire from the back of your TV.

Take another two way spiltter. Hook your TV wire that was going to the back of your TV into the in portion of the splitter. on one side of the out portion of the splitter put your UHF Antenna that you removed from your reciever. on the other side hook your tv back up.

Your remote will now work with no problems.

No those are diplexers.

Disconnect the TV2 wire from the back of the reciever. The other end will still be hooked onto the diplexer.

Take a two way splitter and hook the cable that you disconnected from the back of your reciever into the in part of the splitter.

Remove your UHF antenna off the back of your reciever.

Now make two small jumpers and hook them onto the out sides of the splitter.

Connect one of the jumpers where the UHF antenna was.

Connect the other jumper where the TV2 wire was.

Go to your TV2.

Diconnect the wire from the back of your TV.

Take another two way spiltter. Hook your TV wire that was going to the back of your TV into the in portion of the splitter. on one side of the out portion of the splitter put your UHF Antenna that you removed from your reciever. on the other side hook your tv back up.

Your remote will now work with no problems.

THATS if there are diplexers being used.

Thanks for all your help...I used Dgenx321's advice and it was successful! It's so great to not have to point my remote in every direction to get it to work! Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts